Doulas of SCV Code of Conduct & Confidentiality Agreement
Doulas of SCV is a group created as a way to network with local birth professionals, provide united community outreach and most importantly deliver support to one another. While the profession of a doula is incredibly rewarding, it can also feel unpredictable and daunting - our mission is to help facilitate a safe space to process birth situations, seek alternative perspectives and gain knowledge and resources.
Doula of SCV Members are expected to:
• Attend 4 doula meetings per calendar year.
• Be certified or actively working toward certification.
• Adhere to the scope of practice set forth by their certifying body.
• Treat all colleagues in an ethical, professional, and respectful manner at all times.
• Strive to promote ethical conduct within the profession.
• Demonstrate integrity and ethical standards in their personal and professional conduct. This extends to colleagues in their field and to medical and other caregivers with whom the member may interact.
• Make every effort to honor agreements and contracts for professional services, and to provide without fail the services that they agree to provide. Members who provide labor and/or postpartum services are strongly urged to use signed contracts for all services agreed upon and provided.
• Make every effort to encourage their clients to assume personal responsibility for the decisions they make during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
• Maintain confidentiality with any items shared either through the secret Facebook group (Doulas of SCV), at peer review meetings, and/or regular monthly meetings.