Duration: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2025
Purpose: The Palmetto Basics network serves as a platform for promoting localized school readiness messaging throughout South Carolina communities, highlighting things parents and community members can do to help children enter school on track and ready to succeed.
Definition: The Pickens County First Steps (PCFS) team is the authorized convener of the statewide Palmetto Basics messaging campaign and its implementation.
Commitment of Champion: Palmetto Basics messaging campaign is most effective when community champions integrate the evidence-based content into their existing work. PCFS will provide champions with resources for promoting readiness messaging within local initiatives (as funds are available). The Champions will support consistent messaging by agreeing to the following:
- Share unaltered Palmetto Basics messaging and materials within community as appropriate.
- Ensure local content complies with Palmetto Basics graphics standards and guideline.
- Agree to submit any NEW or ALTERED Palmetto Basics content electronically to Palmetto Basics leadership team for approval (with 72 hour window for approval.)
- Agree to have affiliate's name and logo promoted as a Palmetto Basics partner as appropriate.
- Agree to provide data / metrics / success stories as appropriate.
- Ensure representatives participate in Palmetto Basics committees and planning meetings as appropriate.
Commitment of Pickens County First Steps:
- Provide content to supplement or highlight existing work provided by local champions.
- Maintain contract with The Basics (national entity) to serve as point of contact for SC implementation.
- Develop graphics standards and guidelines, as well as content including videos, billboard and print ad templates, online social media templates and resource guides for affiliates, community partners, and families (as funding is available.)
- Celebrate Palmetto Basics Champions, when appropriate.
- Provide onsite consultation on how to integrate school readiness best practices within local initiatives.
Cost: Thanks to investments by PCFS and private partners, there is no cost for Palmetto Basics Champions. Costs for developing additional localized content negotiated on case-by-case basis.
Termination of Contract: Either party may terminate MOA with a written 10 days notice