THE SADDLE HOSRE PARADE celebrates the opening of the San Benito County Saddle Horse Show and Rodeo in Hollister. The parade provides entertainment, community spirit, and sharing this event for all to enjoy.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AND SELECTION:
ALL parade entries MUST showcase the parade theme.
Entries applicants are all subject to approval by Parade Organizers.
Entries are selected on their entertainment value, uniqueness, size, and appearance
The parade participants must be “family friendly” appropriate
The Parade will not be used as a platform for special interests
ENTRY APPLICATION FORM:
· Entry applications must be received by May 10.
· The entry application form must be completed and signed with the understanding of the general rules and guidelines. Entry application available online at sanbenitocountyrodeo.com
· The parade organizers reserve the right to reject any entry at any time.
· Applicants will receive notification of their acceptance within two weeks of receipt.
· Staging instructions will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to the parade.
· The rules and guidelines are for the safety and quality of the parade. Failure to abide by these rules and guidelines and those presented with the parade information package, may result in the entry's removal from the parade.
· A fee of $200.00 is required for commercial/business entries or the business must be part of the Parade Sponsorship Program. Contact the San Benito Horse Parade Committee members Mary Hubbell email@example.com or Kerrry Tobias firstname.lastname@example.org
for sponsor opportunities.
· A commercial business entry cannot be used as a “major” advertisement.
THIS IS A FORWARD MOTION PARADE:
· All entries are required to maintain a continuous forward motion during the parade. No stopping.
NO TOSSING OR DISTRIBUTING HANDOUTS, CANDY OR FAVORS:
· Nothing can be tossed or handed out along the parade route, or curbside due liability policies set forth by the parade insurance company and the City.
· Identification banners are encouraged for entries in the parade.
· Signs must be for identification purpose only and not as an advertisement or political statement. No phone numbers, addresses or websites listed please.
· Only a significant act of nature will cancel the parade, of which all units would be notified.
· If, for some unforeseen reason, your unit is not able to participate in the parade after being accepted, you must contact the parade staff, prior to the parade date.
· Entries absent on parade day without proper notification may not receive future invitations.
A panel of community judges will judge all qualifying entries.
The California State Horseman's Association will be judging all equestrian entries.
Parade award winners will be announced posted on the parade website.
MARCHING MUSICAL UNITS:
· Musical units are requested to perform the one-mile parade route.
· Unit members are required to be in uniform attire.
· Floats cannot exceed 50 feet in length (including tow vehicle), 13 feet in height and 10 feet wide.
· Float entries must follow the “Parade Float Guidelines” that will be mailed.
SPECIALTY UNITS: (Clowns, Color Guards, Drill/Dance/Baton, Scout Groups, Military, Veterans)
· Units will be considered on their entertainment value or uniqueness.
· Plain clothed marching entries will not be accepted.
· Entries requiring vehicles to carry sound systems must notify parade organizers on the application. Carts or vehicles accompanying the entry must be decorated.
· Drill / Dance routines must be choreographed for forward motion. No stopping to perform.
· Vehicles considered for entry must be antique or unique.
· Commercial business vehicles such as vans, tankers, farm machinery, tractor-trailers and other large vehicles may not be accepted due to safety concerns.
· Vehicles permitted in the parade will be restricted in numbers, no more than three car clubs and clubs are limited to six cars per club. No more than two motorcycle or bike clubs and limited to 12 motorcycles or bikes per club. Other type of vehicles (ATV, golf cart, etc.), no more than five.
· All motorize vehicles must be properly insured. Drivers, of any type of motorized vehicle must be 18 years old.
· No commercial or private vehicles are allowed in the parade without prior written approval by the parade staff.
EQUESTRIAN / ANIMAL UNITS:
· Any animal deemed unsafe in the parade will be removed.
· All animal units must provide their own “clean-up” crew to follow their unit in the parade.
· Equestrian riders should be at least 12 years of age and accompanied by an adult trainer.
· All equestrian entries MUST have trainers walking with every two horses.
SPECIAL GUESTS / DIGNITARIES:
· Guests and Dignitaries are by invitation only. Only politicians currently in office are invited.
· No campaigning, no literature or handouts or no political signs urging the election or defeat of any candidate for political office or any initiative will be allowed to appear in the parade, including signs appearing on any person, float, automobile (or other vehicle) or any moving or stationary structure which is part of the parade.
· The parade will provide an identification signs for the guest.
· The invited guest must appear in the parade. No replacement of invited guest accepted.
PARTICIPANT AGE RESTRICTIONS:
· Walking participants must be at least six years old or older.
· There must be a least one adult escort for every six children under the age of 13 years.
· Young children riding on a float must have adult supervision on and around them.