What to wear: Remember, you want to look professional
1. For a slimmer look, form-fitting is definitely best! Look for figure-hugging clothes. Boxy tops will make you look bigger on camera.
2. Think textures. Textures like lace and ruffles add visual interval without overwhelming. Look for textured tops in solid colors. Avoid patterns as they may detract from your face.
3. Something light (ivory, white, pastel), something dark (black, charcoal, gray, navy), something with a pop of color (something that brings out your eyes best).
4. Look for layers, add a form-fitting jacket or slim fit knit cardigan to cover and slim arms.
5. Consider longer sleeves. ¾ length and long sleeves are universally flattering and slimming. Sleeveless is great on toned arms or pair with layers to slim arms.
6. Look for flattering necklines. Scoop, cowl neck, or v-neck are great options. Avoid high neck tops as they may make your neck look cut off in pictures.
7. Select jewelry that speaks to your style. Subtle? Or bold? You choose.
8. Come with clean, manicured nails. Hands come into the frame a lot with headshots. Neutral colors, simple buff, or French manicure are recommended.