Please complete all fields in your application. You will receive a confirmation that your application has been accepted. If you are a grant winner, you are required to provide documentation of activities and expenses on a final report no later than December 31, 2018.
While you do not need to be the president to write the grant, you do need to certify that you have the support and approval of your president, that you will complete all activities and submit final expenses at the conclusion of the grant period. Funds may not be used for any other activites than stated in the application. Unused funds need to be returned to ECOEA for use by other other associations. Please read the ECOEA Internal Organizing Grant policy below:
5.7 Internal Organizing Grant (10/11/17)
ECOEA has annually budgeted $5,000 to fund 10 locals’ locally developed organizing program with grants of $500 each. The following guidelines will be used for the proposal:
1. Projects should promote local association membership.
2. Projects which increase the locals’ membership capacity.
3. ECOEA’s name should be prominently displayed in any publicity and should be credited with assisting in the presentation of the project.
4. Grants will be made for first time proposals as a way of initiating an organizing project in a local association.
5. Deadline for proposals will be determined annually.
6. Grants will be awarded at the ECOEA Representative Assembly.
7. Beginning in Fall 2019, in order to be eligible for an Internal Organizing Grant, locals must have elected delegates who attended the ECOEA RA the previous year.
8. All recipients must provide documentation/final report.
9. Failure to submit documentation on a timely basis or expending grant funds for purposes other than those for which they were sought will preclude the award of further grants to the grant recipient.