Please read the following policies carefully.
All SBTS/Boyce shield card holders must check in at the Health & Rec Center's front desk before entering through the glass doors that lead into the facility.
Children & Supervision
Children under age five may be taken into the opposite gender locker room, yet must always remain within arm’s length of the supervising adult; stalls afford convenience and privacy.
Children 11 and under must be supervised by an adult (18 years +) member in every area of the HRC, including the pool, and are prohibited from entering the whirlpool, sauna, steam room and weight room.
Children age 12 and over are welcome to use the lobby area, main gym, levering gym, track and pool without adult supervision. Children 16 and over may use the weight room unsupervised. Children age 16-17 have unrestricted use of the HRC, though not considered supervising adults.
Purpose Statement: The purpose of the HRC Dress Code is to promote Christian virtue, gospel living, and love for one another in the way that we dress.
· Modesty: Modesty is a virtue that shows love to others and brings glory to God through appropriate dress.
· Discernment: Discernment is the process of making careful decisions in our thinking about truth.
· Our goal is to provide a structure that will support the principles of Christian modesty and godly discernment for the purpose of loving one another.
· Modest apparel is expected.
· Apparel with inappropriate language or pictures are not permitted.
· Shirts must be worn at all times.
· No form-fitting or excessively loose tank-tops.
· Shorts should be at a length and fit that is body-shape appropriate.
· Yoga pants are permitted.
· Shirts must be worn in all areas except the pool or locker room.
· Tank tops are permitted.
No guests allowed.
Some equipment may be checked out while in the facility or on the Seminary lawn. Games or camping equipment may be rented for a low fee. A charge is assessed if lost, damaged or delayed in return.
Found items are kept in our lost & found area for a limited time of one month.
Scooters, skateboards, pogo sticks, roller blades and mechanized toys are not allowed in the facility.
A lifeguard is always on duty. Swimming attire in the natatorium presumes one-piece suits or tankini swim suits that cover the chest, midriff, and prohibits thongs, “Speedos” (briefs), or bikinis. Shoes are not allowed on the swimming deck. A shower is required before entering the pool, hot tub or kiddy pool.