The IT Leadership Forum Technology Scholarship is a $1,000 scholarship awarded to Iowa high school seniors who have been involved in technology classes or clubs and plan to pursue a technology-related degree at an Iowa college, university or community college.
Multiple scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to the class of 2018. To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria and provide the requested information (please have these materials ready before beginning the online application process):
1. The applicant must be an Iowa resident and high school senior graduating in the 2017-2018 school year.
2. Complete this online application form.
3. Provide your high school transcript.
4. Provide two letters of recommendation.
5. Write an essay (min. 500 words) based on the following question: If you had no restrictions, what is the one application or service you would create/provide using technology and why?
The entry deadline is March 1, 2018.
Judges will grade the applications as follows, based on the information provided:
Up to 5 points for education, technology involvement and extracurricular activities
Up to 5 points for essay solution: Identified a need, researched ability, and explained what you are going to do and why
Up to 5 points for essay creativity: Created a tool(s) ideally for a large, complex problem
A bonus point will be applied to applicants who participate in HyperStream, a program sponsored by the Technology Association of Iowa.
A bonus point will be applied to applicants who attended TechJourney’s Tech Camp, hosted at Central Campus, in 2017.
Winners will be notified on May 1, 2018.
Scholarship recipients must enroll as a full-time student at any community college or four-year college or university based in the state of Iowa. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the school in July or early August 2018 and credited to the student’s account.
Click "Next" to begin the application process.