HOURS OF OPERATION:
Childcare hours available are 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Before a child may begin coming to this facility, the following must be completed:
1. Child Information Sheet.
2. Parent Statement on the Health of the Child.
2. Updated immunizations.
3. Signed/dated contract.
4. The fee to hold a spot.
5. Signed/dated transportation, walk, etc. slip.
CAREGIVERS RIGHT TO TERMINATE SERVICE:
I reserve the right to terminate my service without notice for any reason I feel necessary. However, the most common causes for immediate dismissal are as follows…
1. Non-payment of fees/late charges.
2. Extended illness or absence of child without pay.
3. Non-compliance of policies.
4. Failure to meet immunizations.
5. Disruptive/harmful behavior.
6. Continuously leaving the child with symptoms which require me to send him/her home.
PARENT RESPONSIBILITY and NEWS:
1. Dress child according to the weather forecast. If a child does not have a hat, mittens, boots, coat, and snow pants they will not go outside in the winter. Items must also fit properly.
2. Please be sure your child has a change of clothing packed.
3. Diapers, wipes, and diaper ointment for the week are your responsibility.
4. No toys, food, or drink unless enough is provided for all of the children in my care.
5. Parents must supply all medications for their child. I will not provide any Tylenol, etc. for your child and the appropriate forms for any and all items used for your child(ren) must be filled out, signed, and dated.
6. Read the bulletin board by the door on a daily basis.
7. Parents are responsible for getting their child(ren) dressed for the activities they are involved in after daycare after they leave the daycare facility. Ex. Hockey, Dance, etc.
8. If your child(ren) won’t be attending daycare for the day you must call the provider by 9:00 a.m. so your child(ren’s) whereabouts are accounted for. If the child is coming to daycare unaccompanied and does not appear at daycare at the time they are scheduled the West Fargo Police Department will be called to help locate the child along with any other appropriate people such as parents and teachers.
9. Wading pools are not used in my daycare but I may use a sprinkler or water table.
10. Due to cleanliness issues for the safety of the children in my care a child needs to wear a pull up until the time that accidents stop and they are fully trained.
Because this daycare is very attentive to quality, I have adopted some of the strictest health policies. A child with any of the following symptoms must be kept at home until symptoms have passed for a 24-hour period. If the child goes to the pediatrician for the illness, a doctor’s note can be supplied, stating the child is in no way contagious.
1. Anything contagious
4. A sore throat
5. Thick or colored discharge from the nose, ears, eyes, etc.
6. Temperature over 101 degrees
*Please note: I will have the final say as to whether or not your child will be admitted to this facility. If your child is too miserable to participate in my daily activities, he/she will need to be sent home. Please be sure you have a backup caregiver. I the provider will not hire anyone to provide care for the children who have been convicted of a felony against children.
*In the event of an emergency the parent(s) will first be contacted if they are unable to be reached then their emergency back-up will be called. Should no person be available then the caregiver will take the child to the hospital or the ambulance will be called.
Before a child with any type of communicable disease may return, a note from the child’s pediatrician must be supplied. Notes from nurses, medical assistants, etc. are not acceptable. The note must be from the child’s pediatrician. No exceptions will be made.
Prescriptions or over the counter medicines, including Tylenol for teething discomfort, must accompany a permission slip, addressed to me, with the name of the medication, why needed, dosage amount, how often given, and a signature.
SPECIAL NOTES: 1. CAREGIVER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR A DOCTOR’S NOTE IF SHE FEELS THE CHILD NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION, BUT IS NOT RECEIVING IT. 2. SHOULD THE CAREGIVER SUSPECT ABUSE AND OR NEGLECT SHE IS MANDATED BY LAW TO REPORT IT.
$145.00 PER WEEK: Infant rate. (birth to 2 years)
$140.00 PER WEEK: Toddler/Preschool rate. (2 years up to Kindergarten)
$85.00 PER WEEK: School Age Children. Summer rate and Days off of school $125.00 PER WEEK.
$99.00 PER WEEK: Enrolled Three Days (Part-Time)
$132.00 PER WEEK: Enrolled Four Days (Part-Time)
*Note: Daily rate breakdown for full time: The rate is $29 per day for children 0-2 years, $28 per day for children 2 years up to Kindergarten entry, and $17 per day for School Age children for days when in school and $25 per day for days when not in school and during the summer (No part-time rate for School Age children). A child will need to be enrolled three days a week or more. Your rate will be determined based on average what your total days needed for care are.
*Note: If you are wanting to hold a spot in daycare $290 will need to be paid on the first of every month up until the month of your start date. The contract must also be signed. Should you choose to terminate the contract before the start date all monies paid previously to hold the spot will be forfeited. All monies paid prior to the start date are only to hold the daycare spot.
*Note: Three weeks written notice, or three weeks payment upon termination of childcare. This contract holds parents responsible for payment for the entire duration of the contract. However, the rest of the contract will be waived if I feel the termination policy has been met. The providers sick/vacation days and holidays cannot be used toward the days required for termination. All payments and fees must be paid by your termination date or you will be assessed a $20 fee for each day thereafter until your account has been paid in full. Any payment returned NSF will be charged a $35 fee.
*Note: Weekly fees and early/late charges must be paid on Monday morning by 7:00 a.m. If your weekly fees and early/late charges are not paid by that time you will be assessed a late fee of $20 for each day late.
Payment for daycare is to be made prior to care. UNFORTUNATELY, NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE !!
Parents are expected to pick up and drop off their child at the time contracted every day. Only under special, pre-approved circumstances, may a parent arrange a late pickup or early drop off at an extra cost. The following charges will apply, and be automatically added to your weekly bill upon no pre-approved circumstance.
A. Any child picked up after 5:30 p.m. will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute.
B. Any child dropped off before 7:00 a.m. will be charged an early fee of $1.00 per minute.
C. If a child is consistently picked up after 5:30 p.m. or before 7:00 a.m., the child will be released from my care. (Whether or not late/early fees are paid.)
There will be three weeks this year, in which no childcare services are available. Parents are not responsible for payment during these days, however, any other days missed will require payment for each child. Payment for shorter weeks will be based on what the daycare is open and how my days you are contracted for.
There will be no daycare service offered on the following holidays this year. Parents are not responsible for paying for these days for each child:
New Years Day
NOTE: I will take the Friday after Thanksgiving Day off but no fees will be charged for this day. Also, should a holiday fall on a weekend I will be allowed to take the Friday or Monday off around that weekend but no fees will be charged for this day.
BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT POLICY:
I use positive methods of discipline to encourage self-control and cooperation. A short timeout period is given to help remove a child from a situation, and possibly give the child time to regroup. Each child, when given a timeout, is given an explanation as to what they did wrong. Parents will be notified if their child is misbehaving, however, this doesn’t mean that you need to re-discipline your child that evening.
Under no circumstances will spanking or any other form of corporal punishment be used in my home.
I always praise the children by using positive language when using correct behavior. This seems to prevent more drastic problems in the future.
The following guidelines will be used when disciplining your child:
a. The child is given a warning, told what they were doing wrong, and is asked to stop the behavior.
b. Timeout will be used.
c. If the problem turns into more than a minor event, the parent will be notified.
d. If the problem continues to be disruptive, parent and caregiver will meet to discuss future steps, including dismissal of the child.
e. Infants who suffer from colic, or constant fussiness, and crying will be dismissed from my care.
f. Children who are too young to understand time-out will be redirected to a different activity.
1. Field trips: I will notify you when we go on a field trip away from my immediate neighborhood. I will ask you to bring your child’s car safety seat on the days of such trips since safety seats are required by law in this state. The provider’s insurance company is Nodak.
2. Walking trips in my neighborhood: Sometimes we will be taking walks around my immediate area. These walks are covered by the blanket permission slip you will sign with your enrollment papers.
3. School transportation: A School-Age Transportation Form will be signed giving the facility permission to transport your child to and from school by the childcare provider or any staff and the public school bus.
1. The children will be removed from danger.
2. If the fire can’t be put out immediately the fire will be reported and the children evacuated. If evacuation is to the back of the house the children will be with the provider along the back fence. If evacuation is to the front of the house the children will be with the provider directly across the street from the house on the sidewalk.
3. Doors and windows which will be used for exits are any door or window which is accessible away from the fire.
1. In the event that a tornado approaches the children will be moved to the bottom floor of the house in the bathroom.
2. If outdoors the provider will have the children lie down in a low area and cover their heads with their arms. If in a vehicle, the provider will stop immediately, get the children out and have them lie face down with their heads covered.
1. If water from rainfall should start to cover the street the parents will be notified to come and pick up their children. Should the children not be able to be picked up and the water starts to come up to the house the children will be moved upstairs in the building until the water subsides.
The children I care for in my home are all long-term care. Current licensor Dede Wienckowski 701-239-6720. I would like for parents to know, that at no time your child will be released from my care without good reason. Usually it is a reason stated in the above contract, however, I reserve the right to terminate care for any reason I feel necessary. In the event that I should give you a break on any policy that does in no way make my contract null and void and I can and will enforce it at any time. Every attempt will be made to correct any problems we are having, before termination. Because this is a business, I have to look out for the best interest of all the children involved in my care. This policy will ensure all parents the quality of care their child is receiving. This will give you, the parent, peace of mind when you go to work, as to the type of environment your child will be cared for in.
I look forward to caring for your child throughout the year and establishing/continuing a good relationship with you, the parents. If there is ever a time you would like to discuss anything with me, please don’t hesitate to call or ask for a daily sheet.
I fully understand everything in this contract and have taken all opportunities to clarify any questions prior to signing this document. I agree to abide by these policies and understand I may be held legally responsible for all payments discussed in this contract.