VIDEO LAB BOUTIQUE
1. Only students currently enrolled in the Film/Video program have access to the Video Lab Boutique (unless otherwise specified). PRO ARTS/COF Students who cross register can not sign-out Video Lab equipment for overnight use.
2. All Video Lab Boutique users are financially liable for loss, damage and theft when using Video Lab equipment. This includes all accessories, cases, cables, etc.
3. Equipment must be picked up and returned during posted equipment reservation hours only. The Boutique is open for Check out and Return by reservation only. There are no back to back reservations. Please see the Equipment reservation request read me for more info.
4. Reservations may be made up to one month in advance Reservations will be held only for 30 minutes, after which it will be forfeited. Please note: you must pick-up and return the equipment in “person”
7. Students must present a valid MASS ART ID to access all Video Lab equipment. NO EQUIPMENT WILL BE CHECKED-OUT WITHOUT A CURRENT VALID MCA ID.
8. Any equipment you have checked out is not considered returned until checked in by cage staff. All incoming equipment must be in good working order and be subject to a demonstration to the Studio Manager or cage staff upon return. Please note: You are still responsible for all damages and missing items until the equipment is fully checked.
9. Inexcusable lateness in returning equipment will result in LOSS OF SIGN-OUT privileges. See * Late Policy * notice for details.
10. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR ANY EQUIPMENT! Return it immediately to the cage and notify studio manager.
11. Sharing of equipment or checking out equipment for someone else is PROHIBITED; violation will result in LOSS OF ACCESS.
13. Your equipment is late (and strike-able) if returned incomplete (e.g. without any accessory).
14. Fees will be assessed (above item cost) for cable replacement, accessories, etc.
15. Equipment packages over $5,000 will require insurance
* EQUIPMENT LATE POLICY *
1X= loss of checkout privileges for one calendar week (7 days).
2X= loss of checkout privileges for the remainder of the semester.
Severe lateness (24 hours or more) will result in a late fee of $100 for each equipment item out and $25 for accessories and cables
There are no exceptions to this policy.Your Access to the Film/Video Area could permanently be revoked if you are found in violation of any rule on this policy.
** This policy is subject to change