Submission Deadline: January 15, 2019
The Trans Love Fund provides funding to transgender individuals for medical care, legal processes, and basic living needs in South Carolina. We cannot send checks to individuals, just vendors, so please include a specific amount, vendor/company name, and account number if applicable. If you need help or referrals to service providers TLF will assist you. Please refer to our frequently asked questions page here for answers to some common questions you may have.
Grants will be considered for individuals who are:
- Transgender or non-binary gender
- Residents of South Carolina
Grant priority will be given to individuals who are living below the poverty line, uninsured, disabled, or in danger of losing vital support or safety. At this time, the Trans Love Fund is not funding transition-related surgeries. Credit card payments, bank account deposits, and legal fees for criminal activity will not be funded. It may take up to a month from the application deadline to issue funding to grant recipients. If you have any
Examples of funding requests might include:
- Monthly hormone treatments or injections
- Electrolysis and other hair removal services
- Utilities, rent money, phone bills or security deposit to establish housing
- Supplies and/or money for maintaining or gaining employment
- Education expenses
- Fees incurred with the process of changing one’s legal name or gender marker
- Fees incurred from attending therapy sessions or psychiatrist visits
- Other general living expenses such as: car repairs and maintenance, and child care
The Trans Love Fund will award a total of up to $6,000 during the Spring of 2019 grant cycle. There are no minimum awards. Grants will be disbursed based on careful review of applicant priority [see Process of Selection & Anonymity]. Funding in future grant cycles is conditional on compliance with reporting requirements and demonstrated impact of funds.
Please note that grant money will be disbursed to service providers instead of individual applicants.
Please visit our website at https://www.waf.org/tlf/ for more information. If you do not have access to a computer, please contact us at (843) 883-0343 to have a paper copy of the application sent to you.
Monies for Trans Love Fund grants are provided by generous donors and community partners. The Trans Love Fund is a partnership of Alliance For Full Acceptance and We Are Family, 501 (c) (3) non-profit organizations.