The SCP Health Relief Fund is designed to provide immediate financial assistance to active SCP Health corporate employees, employed clinicians and independent contractor clinicians who experience financial hardships resulting from unanticipated and unavoidable emergency situations.
Applicant must be an active, full-time corporate employee, full time employed clinician or full time independent contractor clinician for SCP.
Eligible applicant can apply for a personal situation or one involving a spouse or
Must be employed or contracted by SCP for at least 90 days prior to applying
Must apply within 60 days of the incident
Employee/Clinician is limited to one grant per category per year (3 grants maximum)
Legal dependents are limited to one grant per year
* Employees or clinicians can apply for grant assistance for situations involving legal dependents. We will consider legal dependents as they are defined by the IRS - persons other than the taxpayer or spouse who entitles the taxpayer to claim a dependency exemption (ex: a child or stepchild claimed as a dependent on your tax return)
* SCP Health follows guidance provided by the IRS, which does not allow income replacement payments, such as payments of lost wages, lost business income, or unemployment compensation
1. Natural Disaster: events officially declared by Federal, State or Parish governments including wildfires, floods, tornados, hurricanes, severe storms or earthquakes that damage or destroy the applicant's primary residence.
2. Medical Hardship: for the applicant, spouse or eligible dependent(s). The Fund is not a substitute for medical insurance but will help meet deductibles or cover travel expenses. For medical emergencies, doctor confirmation or medical documentation will be required.
3. Material Related Hardship/Death Incident: includes non-declared, individually experienced situations such as house fires and other major material damaging events. Also includes death of the employee/clinical contractor, spouse or eligible dependent(s). Includes death care or funeral costs that prevent an applicant or their family from affording basic living expenses. Also, the fund may help to pay for relocating a child whose parent(s) have died.
All applications will be subject to a confidential and objective review and will be approved or denied by a committee of Community Foundation of Acadiana on behalf of SCP Health
Proper documentation will be required for grant assistance and will be requested if not provided
The amount granted to an applicant can never exceed the available fund balance at the time of the application