Registration for the Lab’s 8th edition is now open
At the first stage, the selection committees will review all of the applications.
15 to 20 of the projects chosen by the selection committee will receive notice no later than
beginning of August 2018
that they have passed entry to the second stage.
Those who enter the second stage are required to provide a
in English, according to the submission regulations detailed further
(within ten days of notice)
Those who enter the third stage will be invited to a personal Skype interview with the selection committee via Skype,
during the month of September, 2018
Candidates will receive final answers no later than
From the moment the acceptance notice has been received, the participant will provide an additional version of the script in English no later than November 1st, 2018. This version will be remitted to the script-editor designated to the project prior to the opening of the Film Lab.
Participation fee of 1,200 Euros from each participating project, will be collected. Scholarships are available upon merits.
The Film Lab will arrange the matching between the participant and the designated scripts-editor
The registration to the Sam Spiegel International Film Lab is conducted online. Prior to filling out the online forms, please:
- Read all Lab Obligations
- Read all Participant Obligations
- Prepare the following information:
1. Director’s / Producer’s Bios
2. Director's Note (your vision on the film)
3. Premise (up to 5 lines)
4. Treatment (1500 words)
5. A link (Youtube / Vimeo) to one previous work directed by the applicant (a full length feature film/short film/television drama/documentary film/episode from a television series)
6. In the event that the story upon which the script is based is not original, it is required to attach a document approving the use of the original composition
7. Production statues: Overall budget, funds secured (if existing), short history of the project
8. High quality portrait photo of applicants
The Registration will end on June 7th 2018 11:00AM
To continue registration please enter your referral person’s (Scout) first name in the box below: