I’ll Make Me a World in Iowa (IMMAWII) wishes to recognize Iowans whose creative and civic activities in African American life and culture in Iowa have contributed to making the world and the state a better place for all. Award winners will be selected in three categories by an awards committee coordinated by the IMMAWII Advisory Board based on the following criteria:
1. Resume/biography of nominee or last annual report (for organization/group).
2. Evidence of nominee’s impact on the vitality of African American life and culture in Iowa. Include up to a 500 narrative.
3. Include support documentation, including copies of electronic and/or print media and marketing/promotional materials supporting nominee’s activities. Please also provide a photo of the nominee.
4. Include up to three letters of recommendation and support, including contact information.
5. Nomination application and support documentation must be delivered by January 8, 2018. Nominations received after that date may not be considered.
6. Applications are reviewed for two years, so if an application was submitted last year, there is no need to re-submit. Any additional supporting materials that have become relevant over the past year can be submitted for consideration with the original application.
Sponsoring companies for IMMAWII receive other recognition for their involvement with the IMMAWII project and will not be considered for the Heritage Legacy Awards.