PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING & SAVE A COPY OF IT FOR YOUR OWN RECORDS BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION.
- Please complete all required fields; incomplete applications will not be accepted.
You will be unable to save and return to this application; you must complete it in one sitting.
- Applicants must be a freshman in high school to apply. Priority preference is given to those ages 17-18 with the strongest application.
- Please prepare answers to the following essay prompts before starting the online application. You must fill out the entire online application including answers to both essay prompts to be considered. The essay prompts are:
- What event has had a lasting impact on your life and how has changed your view of the world and your role in it? Note: Think about a challenging obstacle you have had to overcome, or a moment of triumph that have experienced. (500 words max.)
- Please research a CURRENT and SPECIFIC government policy at the city, county, state or federal level. What would you change about this policy? Why do you think the change is necessary? Please cite sources using in-text citation. (500 words max.)
- The 2018 CAIR-MYLP Conference will take place in Sacramento from Thursday, August 2, 2017 to Sunday, August 5, 2017.
- The application deadline is Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 11:59PM.
- Applicants will be notified of selection by Thursday, May 10, 2018.
In the next segment of the application you are required to initial next to each statement showing that you agree to comply with these rules if accepted.