BMPC High School Beach Retreat
UPDATED DATES: Friday, February 23, 2018 3:00PM – Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:00PM
*After polling parents, departure date/times for the retreat have CHANGED (see above)
- Deadline to Register: Sunday February 11, 2018 at 5:00PM
- Cost: $40 (Participation fee will increase to $50 if received after 5pm on 2/11) *Payment options can be found at the end of registration form.
- Date/Time: We will leave BMPC promptly at 3:00PM on Friday, February 23nd and Return Sunday, February 25, 2018 at 8:00PM.
What to Bring:
- Single Sheets; Sleeping bag/blanket; pillow
- Clothes … clothes to keep warm in outside, on the beach
- Modest pajamas
- Bible – for real bring a Bible
- Toiletries: tooth brush & paste, soap, shampoo, sunscreen, and meds
- Towel and washcloth
- Sunday AM Church clothes (we’re going to Mother Emanuel, they tend to dress up)
- Bathing suit and beach towel (if you’re brave/crazy)
- Beach shoes and shoes to walk around downtown Charleston
- Water bottle
- Jacket/coat and rain jacket
- NO NUT Snack to share (homemade is ALWAYS great!)
What NOT to bring: NUTS (peanuts or any tree nuts). Youth Advisors will collect cell phones for most of the trip. You can bring them for very limited use.
Group building, playing on the beach, good meals, walking tour of downtown Charleston, worship at Mother Emanuel AME church AND planning Youth Sunday worship.
Adult Advisors: Chandler Guess, Bruce Gunn, Joseph Matthews, Dan Davis, Lisle and Paul Gwynn Garrity.
Emergency Number: (youth’s phone will likely be turned off and with Chandler)
Chandler's cell: 828.333.8281