RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY FOR VOLUNTEERS
By signing this registration sheet you are agreeing to the terms of this waiver
This Release and Waiver of Liability, (the “Release”) executed by The Registered 2018 Fight2Feed Volunteer, (all registered singed in – attached) the Volunteer, in favor of Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization, their directors, officers, employees and agents.
The Volunteer desires to work as a volunteer for Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization and engage in activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include, but are not limited to, organizing, cleaning, preparing meals, cooking, assembling food, and handling, distributing, moving food and beverage, loading and unloading supplies, interacting with clients, and providing support to Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization missions. The Volunteer does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. RELEASE AND WAIVER: Volunteer, for him/herself and his or her legal representatives, spouse, heirs and assigns, does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization, and its officers, directors, trustees, employees, agents, insurers and representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability claims and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer’s Activities with Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization.
Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against Volunteers of America, Utah with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from Volunteer’s Activities with Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization, whether caused by the negligence of Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization or its officers, directors, employees, or agents or otherwise. Volunteer covenants not to bring any action against Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization for any such injury or damage. Volunteer also understands that Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial or other assistance including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury or illness.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENT: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharges Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer’s Activities with Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization. Volunteer authorizes Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization to act, in its best judgment, on Volunteer’s behalf in case of an emergency.
3. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK: The Volunteer understands that the Activities may include work that may be hazardous to the Volunteer, including, but not limited to, organizing, cleaning, preparing meals, performing cooking, coordinating, distributing, packaging, loading and unloading supplies, interacting with clients and providing clerical support in Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization missions.
Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in the Activities and releases Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from the Activities.
4. VOLUNTARY SERVICE: Volunteer understands and acknowledges that he/she may decline any volunteer role or position at any time if he/she feels such role or position presents a risk to health or safety or for any other reason. Volunteer agrees to advise Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization of any preexisting conditions that would preclude involvement in any activity.
5. INSURANCE: The Volunteer understands that, except as otherwise agreed upon by Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization in writing, Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization does not carry or maintain health, medical, disability or Workers Compensation insurance coverage for any volunteer.
6. OTHER: Volunteer expressly agrees that the Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Illinois, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which will continue to be enforceable. Volunteer represents that he/she is 18 years of age or older, if not accompanied by a parent or guardian.
PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization during the Volunteer’s Activities with Fight2Feed a Charitable Organization, including, but not limited to, any donations, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Volunteer has executed this Release as to the day and year first written.
Volunteer Signature on this Registration Sheet/Form