Registration Deadline - Fri, Feb 16, 2018
2018 COBOURG ROTARY ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL
(Cobourg Waterfront Festival)
June 30, July 1 and 2, 2018
Spirit of the Hills (SOTH) will be participating in the Cobourg Waterfront Festival June 30 – July 2, 2018.
SOTH has rented three standard booths. One booth will be used by the SOTH Writers’ Group; the other two booths will be used by visual artists with 20 ft across the back plus two side “walls” of 8 ft. and 4 ft. each.
8 spaces will be allocated to the artists. Each space measures 7 ft. high x 4 ft. wide. Note that the space can be for one individual artist; or the space may be shared by mutual agreement with another artist.
This is an opportunity for painters and photographers to showcase their work to a large number of people over the three day period.
Set-up: Friday, June 29. A specific two hour window will be identified closer to the event. Probably 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm
Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1 between 10:00 am and 6:00pm
Monday, July 2 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm
Take down: Monday, July 2 between 5:00pm and 7:00pm
1. SOTH painters and photographers need to have been previously accepted as a participant in a juried show such as our own Maple Syrup Festival Show or other juried shows such as the AGN, the Colborne Art Gallery or the Clarington Gallery.
2. Participants agree to sit at the exhibit a minimum of 3 hours on one of the festival days.
3. Cost: $ 100 per 7 ft. x 4 ft. space. Which can be for an individual artists or shared by more than one.
4. Sales: there will be no commission to SOTH. Given the target audience that attends the three-day event, SOTH gently suggests that art work be priced at under $100. Of course, you are welcome to display a more expensive art work to demonstrate your talents. However, price point is important if you aim to sell your work at this particular event. - Should you sell your work on June 30th or July 1st, it is hoped that you would provide a replacement. It would not be necessary on the last day: July 2nd
5. Displaying your work:
a. Please bring your own S-hooks to hang your work on the SOTH grids.
b. Please provide your own labels indicated title, medium, your name and sale price.
6. Size: there is no minimum or maximum size requirement. Each painter or photographer may configure their display space as they wish.
7. Insurance: each painter or photographer is responsible for insuring his/her own work.