Financial Aid Criteria
1. Family income of less than $75,000 gross with one dependent or less than $100,000 with two or more dependents. The maximum aid for any family per year is as follows:
a. $2,000 if the family income is less than $50,000
b. $1,000 if the family income is $50,000 or over
2. For each grant funded, player must agree to play at least one
3. Player must show proof of participation in the tournament.
4. Any junior receiving financial aid must volunteer one half day for
either the Arkansas Tennis Association or their designee. Player
must contact the ATA for volunteer assignments and/or approval.
5. Before a second financial aid grant will be approved, the player
must have fulfilled the requirement (b) above by having played one
Arkansas tournament, submitted receipts for acceptable expenses
from previously played tournaments, and agree to play a second
Arkansas tournament other than the Arkansas Junior State
6. Players requesting funds for out-of-state tournaments are expected
to also apply for financial aid from the STA foundation.
7. All financial aid requests must be accompanied with the first two
pages of the family’s federal income tax return.
8. Player/parent/guardian must exhibit good sportsmanship on and off the court at all times. Parent/guardian of player with four or more suspension points (code of conduct) is not eligible for aid until such time as those points drop below four. Additionally, parent/guardian of player is not eligible for aid if:
a. player has been suspended during the calendar year
b. parent/guardian has been suspended during the calendar year
(Note: Applicant/parent/guardian is not eligible for aid in any calendar year in which a suspension is or has been in effect at the State, Sectional or National level.)
9. Players receiving financial aid must stay at USTA Arkansas host hotels, if one is available, and will be reimbursed up to $100 per night.
10. All criteria must be completed before additional grant funds are
11. Detailed receipts must be received in the USTA Arkansas office no
later than December 15 of the current year. Limited funds are available and will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis until funds are exhausted.
12. If a player fails to complete a tournament due to a “default no show”, that player’s tournament entry fee, as well as any other expenses incurred, are not eligible for reimbursement.
IF YOU MEET ALL OF THE CRITERIA, PLEASE FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW