406 Consignary teams take extreme pride in offering a fantastic consignment boutique experience to all guests. We enjoy connecting our local communities and are thrilled to host a space where everyone feels supported and welcome.
At the beginning of your shift, grab an apron and clock in at the 406 Team Station. We will provide limited snacks and water! If you have unique nutritional needs, please plan accordingly, as you will likely need your own from home. All shifts require a lot of movement usually on concrete floors, bring great shoes! (and make sure leggings pass the squat test)
At the end of your shift, please confirm you have finished a task with Johanna and let her know your shift is complete then clock out. Always return your apron to the Team Station at the end of your shift.
1) I understand there is a possibility I will get a $25 penalty and be prohibited from gaining worker perks in the future if I fail to show up for my shift. I understand that the deadline for canceling a scheduled work shift is the Friday before the sale begins.
2) If the sale is less than 7 days away, I am in charge of finding my own replacement if I need to cancel my work shift. Any cancellations (without a replacement) made after that day will be subject to all penalties stated in this agreement. (Some extenuating circumstances will be considered.)
4) I will use my personal cell phone for emergencies only and not take personal calls or check social media during my shift. (posting to socials about 406 Consignary events is encouraged)
5) I will not bring unattended children to my scheduled work shift. (infant/baby wearing is great- please no mobile kiddos that cannot attend to themselves)
6) I am 18 years of age, or older.
7) I must be on time and fulfill my entire shift in order to receive 406 Perks.
8) I will engage and do my best to be patient, kind and welcoming to everyone at all times at 406. This is especially important during open public hours when we engage with and in front of guests, and to new consignors that might feel intimidated/overwhelmed by the process.
9) If I see something wrong, I am empowered to fix it or get extra hands to do so. I am a competant self starter and won't be micromanaged.
10) If you see suspicious behavior, you can either provide amazing personal guest service, or follow the individual(s) from a distance and observe while fixing displays. The term 10&2 means watching their 10 fingers with your 2 eyes.
12) Please don't forget to hydrate. It is very easy to dehydrate in the hustle and bustle of a busy sales floor. *ProTip* Extra chapstick is always helpful as many staffers notice their lips get chapped during sale week- we still have no idea why. Venue dust? Talking more? Having so much gosh darn fun?
13) This worker agrees to not set-up a children’s consignment business or consignment event business as a direct competitor of 406 Consignary within 90 miles of any 406 Consignary Location.
14) I certify that all answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge.
15) 406 Consignary has my permission to investigate my past work experience and contact the references listed at the end of this form.
16) In the event of employment, I understand that false information given in my application or interviews may result in discharge.
17) Each postition we are hiring for is for one sale season only. A new job application must be completed at the beginning of each consignment season.
18) In the event you cannot return for the same position (or the next consecutive consignment season) your employee perks and volunteer benefits will revert back to the basic traditional consignor comissions.
*Please let us know if there's a possibility that you're pregnant, or have another medical need, etc. We welcome all workers- however we want to make sure we accomodate you & place you in the best work shift suited to your needs. Wear comfy shoes - most of our venue floors are concrete!
406 Consignary reserves the right
to terminate the employee at any time without cause.