Festival takes place rain or shine.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT THROW CANDY OR OTHER ITEMS FROM YOUR GROUP OR VEHICLE
Floats will be judged by a panel selected by the Poolesville Day Committee and winners of the following catergories will be selected: Most Creative, Most Hometown Pride, and Best Craftsmanship.
Please read and sign the second page. DO NOT SUBMIT WITHOUT SIGNED SECOND PAGE
www.poolesvilleday.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / 301.349.2123
By signing below, I, as the recognized representative for the person/group filling out this application, hereby understand and agree to the following:
1. Parade Participation is open to all interested individuals and groups complying with the spirit of the Poolesville Day celebration. The Poolesville Day Committee (PDC) reserves the right to reject or accept any parade unit for any reason whatsoever and to determine participation based on suitability for the occasion.
2. On behalf of my group, and myself, I hereby release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Poolesville Day Committee, its officers, servants, agents, and employees (hereinafter referred to as "releasees") from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to me, whether caused by the negligence of the releasees, or otherwise, while participating in the Event, or while in, on or upon the premises where the Event is being conducted, while in transit to or from the premises, or in any place or places connected with the Event.
3. I am fully aware of risks and hazards connected with being on the premises and participating in the Event, and I am fully aware that there may be risks and hazards unknown to me connected with being on the premises and participating in the Event, and I hereby elect to voluntarily participate in the Event, to enter upon the above named premises and engage in activities knowing that conditions may be hazardous, or may become hazardous or dangerous to me and my property. I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any risks of loss, property damage or personal injury, including death, that may be sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of my being a participant in the Event, whether caused by the negligence of releasees or otherwise.
4. CHILDREN AND FLOATS:Children walking with floats must be at least 12 years old. Children must be at least 6 years of age with direct adult supervision in order to ride on a float. It is imperative that children age 6-11 remain seated and on the float at all times during the parade.
5. Parade participants must supply their own items, equipment, and vehicles for the parade.
6. Parade participants will not throw candy or other items from their groups, floats, or vehicles. Groups wishing to distribute candy or other items must get approval in advance by the Poolesville Day Committee. If approved, candy and other items may be handed out (not thrown) by participants walking in the parade.
7. Groups using horses or other animals in the parade must provide people to clean up animal droppings. Failure to do so will result in denial of participation.
8. I understand that the Poolesville Day Committee has the final authority on who will participate in the parade and their location in line.
9. I give permission to the Poolesville Day Committee to use any photographs taken for marketing purposes in the future.
Poolesville Day Committee, Inc. / P.O. Box 4, Poolesville, MD 20837