Chaperone Guidelines and Duties
THANK YOU for offering to help supervise the CHA prom! Please review the following guidelines! We assign specific jobs so that parents will know prior to arrival what duties they will perform. More details will be provided prior to the prom and on the night of the prom.
(1) Photographer and DJ Liason (2 parents)
This volunteer should arrive 30 minutes prior to the prom and will check in with the DJ and photographer. If they need something from Martins, please find our host, Tina or Kim. This volunteer will also make sure a plate of food, snacks, smoothies, etc. are delivered to our vendors.
(2) Registration Table/Welcome Committee (3 parents)
These volunteers should arrive 1 hour prior to the event (by 6:00) and will report to the registration table. One volunteer will assist in giving out place cards & raffle tickets plus direct students to the ballroom. The other volunteers will be just inside the ballroom and will direct attendees to the raffle table and to the table to which they were assigned to sit for dinner.
(3) Pre-Dinner Ballroom Duty (2 parents)
These volunteers will walk around the ballroom, reminding attendees to go to the smoothie bar, assisting with the raffle tickets and helping attendees if there are table assignment problems (find Tina!). They will also begin directing attendees to the tables as it draws close to dinner.
During the prom:
(4) Moms and Dads will be assigned "Bathroom & Hallway Duty" (4 parents total – can be divided up by hours) and should make several trips to the bathrooms to make sure there are no prom attendees congregating in there. These moms/dads can also walk the hallway several times during the evening to make sure prom attendees are not loitering in the hallway or going outside. The parents doing this will also be helping in the ballroom pre-prom.
(5) ‘Raffle Prize Distribution’ and Promenade (2 parents)Two moms/dads will be assigned to assist our ‘raffle committee members’ during the raffle prize distribution. You will need to keep track of winner’s names and giving out prizes. These same two people will assist during the promenade, cuing the seniors as to when they should walk the floor. You will also help hand out roses to the senior girls.
(6) Glo Stick and Gift Bag Distribution (2 parents) These volunteers will snap and hand out the glo sticks when instructed by the Prom Committee. Also, at the end of the evening, they will assist in giving out the gift bags, remind students to remove all items from the table, etc. Dads on Patrol.
ALL PARENTS: While the students are dancing and mingling, you should spread out in the ballroom, keeping an eye out for inappropriate dancing. If you see this, you can ask the students to separate a bit or find one of the Prom Committee to assist you. Remember, chaperones are asked NOT to dance because this is a student affair. THANK YOU!
Also, keep an eye out for students who may have questions, problems, may be feeling sick, etc. Just your presence will help to alleviate potential problems.