2022-2023 Academic Year
Deadline for all documents – June 30, 2023
- Scholarship available to CURRENT ACADEMIC YEAR Graduating Seniors ONLY
- Electronic or printed form submission date is June 30, 2023.
IMPORTANT: If printed and mailed, the document must be RECEIVED by the committee by June 30, 2023. Please allow for mail delivery delays when submitting via mail delivery.
- DEADLINE for receiving High School Transcripts is no later than JUNE 30, 2023. Transcripts received AFTER June 30, 2023 will NOT be accepted. (Please allow for paperwork and mail delivery delays when requesting transcript from your high school counselor.)
- If you use U.S. Mail, the address is Miller Scholarship at Providence Presbytery, 515 Oakland Avenue, Rock Hill, SC 29730
The essay may be saved in any of the following three formats; PDF, TXT, or DOC and uploaded using the form below.
Essay topic for 2022-2023 Academic Year:
(Please be sure to give 3 reasons to support your position.)
- Banning books of certain topics is a controversial issue that has been debated for centuries.
- Over the past year or so, this debate has returned to center stage.
- These book bans have impacted public schools, libraries, and communities.
- There are both pros and cons regarding this matter.
- Write an essay reflecting your opinion on whether you agree or disagree if certain books should be banned in these spaces.
- Give 3 reasons to support your position.