1. How old is the West Hollywood Farmers' Market? 30+
2. How many vendors do you have? 30.
3. How long is the wait to get in? 1 year sometimes more depending on availabilty.
4. Why so long? There are currently only three markets that operate on a Monday in the greater Los Angeles area.
5. How do you decide who is granted a space? We have a small committee that decides the needs of the market. Due to space constraints and the overwhelming demand we will not bring in new vendors that conflict with vendors that we currently have.
6. What are your fees? We charge 6.5% from the daily sales and a $2.00 fee that goes to the various county departments: Health/Ag/CDFA.
7. Do you have any organic vendors? Yes, we have 5.
8. Do you manage any other markets? No.
9. How large are your spaces? 10 X 10.
10. What are some of your requirements? All potential vendors must be in good standing with thier current markets with absolutely no violations with any of the governing departments for at least 2 years. All vendors must have valid certificates, clean canopies, weights, and vehicle insurance. Food vendors that prepare at their booth must have a two compartment sink and a fire extinguisher.
* Certified vendors: Please include a copy of Certified Producer's Certificate with your application.
* Certified organic vendors: Please include a copy of your orgainic certificate.
* Vendors selling avocados must include the inspection certificate.
* Non-certified vendors: You will need to purchase a certificate from the County Health Department if chosen to be a vendor with our market prior to your start date.