Please attach the following:
1. High School transcripts
2. Two letters of recommendation
• One from your current school administrator
• One from anyone else you believe knows you well
3. A wallet size senior picture to be used for publicity purposes
This scholarship, in the amount of $1000, shall cover tuition and books for the recipient for a time period of one academic year with $500 being distributed at the beginning of the fall semester and $500 being distributed at the beginning of the spring semester. The scholarship can be used at whatever college the recipient plans to attend. The funds will be paid directly to the college and not the student. Preference will be given to students pursuing careers relating to telecommunications or technology and those who desire to return to a rural area to live after completing their education.
Requirements for consideration:
• Applicant must be a subscriber of South Central Telephone; or the son, daughter or legal dependent of a subscriber and reside in one of the following exchanges: 239, 247, 248, 294, 497, 546, 825, 431 or 474.
• Applicant must be a high school senior with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
• Preference will be given to students pursuing educational majors relating to telecommunications and/or technology.*
• Preference will be given to students pursuing careers relating to telecommunications and/or technology.*
• Preference will be given to students who desire to return to a rural area to live after completing their education.*
∗ "Preference will be given” does not mean students cannot apply if they do not meet these criteria. What this does mean is that all other factors being equal, applications meeting these criteria will receive preference over other applications.
• The Board of Directors of South Central Telephone Association reserves full discretion with regard to the granting of any scholarship.
• This program can be expanded or curtailed by the Board of Directors at any time.
Completed applications must be received in our Medicine Lodge office by 5 p.m. March 2, 2020. Complete the above information, attach documents and submit.
If you have questions about the application, please contact the Scholarship Committee at 620-930-1010.