Rochester University Residence Life Housing Contract
This Agreement (“Agreement”) is made between Rochester University (“The University”) and the Student (“Student/student”) for the use of University housing accommodations under the conditions set forth in this Agreement.
READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ROCHESTER UNIVERSITY HOUSING CONTRACT BELOW AND THEN CLICK THE “I AGREE” BUTTON TO SUBMIT THIS FORM.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. PERIOD OF CONTRACT: This Agreement is effective during the academic year indicated above.
2. PERIOD OF OCCUPANCY: Occupancy by the student may begin at an hour to be designated on the day the residence halls open. Students must vacate the residence hall within 24 hours of final exams unless the students is a graduating senior. Residence halls are closed during Thanksgiving, Christmas and Spring Breaks.
3. HOUSING CHARGES: Students who obtain an assignment in the University’s Student Housing are obligated to Rochester University for room and board fees through an entire academic year, unless the student withdrawals from the University, participates in a University approved off-campus program, or are released by The Center for Student Life.
4. CANCELLATION BY (a) THE STUDENT: Students may terminate this Agreement upon withdrawal from the University or the residence halls. Proper check out procedures must be followed. Residence Life Staff must check the room and complete the Room Inventory Form. Equipment and furnishings are to be in order and in the same condition as when room occupancy began. Room will be clean and free from trash and/or garbage; key(s) and completed Room Inventory Form will be turned in to a Residence Life Staff member or in the Center for Student Life prior to departure. (b) THE UNIVERSITY: The University may terminate this Agreement upon the failure of the student to abide by the terms of this Agreement or University rules and regulations as published. Upon such termination, the student will vacate immediately.
5. ROOM ASSIGNMENTS: While the University will attempt to honor Student’s preference for a particular roommate, room, and location, the University cannot guarantee that Students will receive their top preferences. Students will indicate their top preferences as part of the application process. The University reserves the right to change housing assignments at anytime at its sole discretion.
6. RESPONSIBILITY FOR ROOMS: The student who holds this contract is fully responsible for the assigned living area. This includes, but is not limited to, responsibility for excessive cleaning or damage charges, lost keys, and all activity by the contracted Student and visitors/guests in the assigned living area.
7. RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC AREAS: The student will take precautions to ensure that all public areas and community property are maintained in good condition. Residents of a particular floor or hall are collectively responsible for damages to public areas and community property therein if the person responsible for damages is not identified. The student shall not remove any community property from a public area.
8. ROOM INSPECTION: The University reserves the right to enter and search any area to inspect the facility for purposes of management, health, safety and compliance with institutional and housing policies.
9. COMPLIANCE WITH UNIVERSITY POLICIES: Residence Life Staff from each residence hall are responsible for carrying out administrative duties as well as enforcing policies initiated by the University. The students agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the University. This includes the Rochester University Student Handbook. The student is responsible of being aware of the contents of the same.
10. PERSONAL PROPERTY: The University assumes no responsibility for loss or damage from any cause (including, but not limited to, theft, electricity, water, and heat) to the personal property of residents. Each resident is responsible for his or her own property and that of guests. The resident is encouraged to get their own insurance coverage for any loss or damage to personal property.
11. KEYS: The student will be issued a room key and mailbox key upon check in. The student is responsible for the security of that key and for securing his/her room at all time. If the student’s key is lost or stolen, charges will be assessed to the student.
12. KEY CARD: The student will be issued a Student ID which will serve as a keycard for the residence hall and dining privileges. The student’s keycard and dining privileges may not be used by anyone other than the assigned student.
13. The Student AGREES: The above information is true, accurate, and complete. The student also understands that any false statements or deliberate omissions on this document may be grounds for disqualification of Rochester University Student Housing. The student agrees to observe and abide by all Federal, State of Michigan and local laws, Rochester University Student Handbook which outlines the policies and the terms and conditions of the University.
By submitting this Application and clicking the “I Agree” button, you are signing the Rochester University Residence Life Housing Contract.