NORRAN SNERLING MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
is a scholarship in memory of Norran Snerling, the infant son of Norman and Donnis Snerling, formerly of Clarksdale. The criteria is that of the general scholarship requirements as set by Coahoma Community College. The applicant must:
1. A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a Coahoma Community College Financial Aid Application MUST be processed and on file BEFORE a student is considered for any type of scholarship or financial assistance. Scholarship awards may affect the student’s overall Financial Aid package. The FAFSA can be obtained online at www.fafsa.ed.gov or at the Office of Financial Aid.
2. An applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student (at least 15 semester hours during the fall and spring).
3. An applicant must provide appropriate transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Records. For incoming freshmen, a copy of a high school transcript is required; current Coahoma Community College students or transferring students need an official copy of ALL college transcripts. Official transcripts are sealed and sent DIRECTLY from the high school or college and ARE NOT to be opened by the applicant. Transcripts not sealed will not be considered. For questions regarding enrollment and transcripts, contact the Office of Admissions and Records.
4. An applicant must maintain a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 unless otherwise stated. For questions regarding GPA, contact your advisor or the Office of Admissions and Records.
5. Complete and submit a Coahoma Community College Scholarship Application to the Scholarship Committee.
6. Submit two typed letters of recommendation from persons other than family members to the Scholarship Committee.