Artéculture - Multimedia Pop-Up Art Exhibit
May 18 & 19, 2018
The West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission calls for emerging as well as established artists, residing in the Chicagoland area, to participate in the annual Artéculture multimedia pop up art exhibition. Organized in conjunction with Blooming Fest, an annual downtown community festival, Artéculture seeks to provide visitors with a dynamic art exhibit at a wonderful new downtown venue, Kindred Coffee.
Proceeds from this exhibition go towards West Chicago art initiatives and programming throughout the year.
Friday, May 18, 2018
6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 19, 2018
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
148 West Washington Street
West Chicago, IL 60185
- Open to artists of all ages residing in the Chicagoland area.
- 2D art must be ready to hang, preferably framed with a sturdy wire.
- 3D must be able to enter through a regular sized doorway.
- 4D art must be installed by the artist prior to the opening reception.
- There a $5 “hanging fee” for each piece of art, limit of 2 works of art per artist. No commissions will be taken for artwork sold through this exhibition.
- All artists must sign a Waiver of Responsibility for the artwork and a Hold Harmless Waiver for their participation upon drop off.
- Artwork must be delivered to Gallery 200, 103 W. Washington Street on Thursday, May 17, 2018 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. If necessary, arrangements may be made to drop-off artwork the week prior to the event.
- Exhibition visitors will choose one overall People’s Choice Winner. The Cultural Arts Commission will choose one adult and one student art piece for Honorable Mention.
- All artwork should be picked up at the end of the exhibition on Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. If necessary, arrangements may be made to pick up at a later date.