Vendor Rules and Regulations
1. Store Management – The words “Store Management” as used here means the IYENGAR YOGA CONVENTION 2019 or its committees, agents or employees acting for them in the management of the convention.
2. Eligible Exhibits – Store Management reserves the right to determine the eligibility and compatibility of any company, product or services for inclusion in the convention.
3. Limitation of Liability – Vendor assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and save the IYENGAR YOGA CONVENTION 2019, Sheraton Dallas Hotel, and their employees, agents or committees harmless against all claims, losses or damages to persons or property, government charges or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by vendor’s installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of the premises or a part thereof, excluding any such liability caused by the gross negligence of the IYENGAR YOGA CONVENTION 2019 Dallas Sheraton convention Center and their employees and agents. Vendor liability includes personal injury caused by vendor’s negligence such as water spills or display breakdowns. Vendors are urged to maintain comprehensive liability insurance and to insure all exhibit and display materials and personal items against theft and damage since Store Management will not be held responsible for any losses due to theft or pilferage, although hotel provides 24/7 security for the grounds and all store rooms at the Lone Star Ballroom has locked doors.
4. Installation / Store Hours / Dismantling – Hours and dates for installation, showing and dismantling shall be as specified by Store Management. Store Management reserves the right to alter store hours in any manner in the best interest of all vendors. Vendors are liable for all storage and handling charges before opening of store or by conclusion of dismantling period.
5. Defacing of Property – Nothing can be attached or fastened to exhibit hall walls, floors or columns. Vendors are liable for any damage caused by themselves to tables, to the building or damage caused in any other manner.
6.Soliciting / Samples / Animals – Samples, catalogs, vendors only from their tables may distribute pamphlets, souvenirs, etc. Violators are subject to expulsion. No food is allowed on the store floor. Vendors may not distribute stickers or decals. Animals are not permitted, unless they support handicapped individuals.
7. Audio / Visual / Photography – If audio / visual equipment is used, vendors agree to comply with the Dallas Sheraton Convention Center requirements for the operation of the same. In general, all sound devices must be turned to conversational level and should not be objectionable to neighboring vendors. Store Management will make final determination on volume of audio devices. No music (recorded or live) may be presented by vendors in the store.
8. Default in Occupancy / Cancellation – Cancellations received in writing by February 1, 2019 will incur a $50 administrative fee. After February 1, 2019 cancellations will not be refunded. Any vendor failing to occupy space contracted for is not relieved of the obligation of paying full rental for such space as provided in the signed contract. If not occupied within two hours of store opening on the first day, such space may be possessed by Store Management for purposes as it sees fit, in which case vendor shall still pay full rental. Store Management reserves the right to re-let such space, after making reasonable attempts to notify the original vendor, who in such case shall be liable to the amount and to the extent of the loss incurred by the convention in re-letting. Rental fees forfeited as a result of cancellation or default in occupancy are not transferrable to another event or other company. Cancelled space can be used at the discretion of Store Management and may be rented to another company.
9. Vendor Conduct – Vendors’ representatives shall be restricted to owners or employees of exhibiting companies. Vendors shall wear proper badge identification at all times in the store. Any vendor representative authorized to pay store contractor fees shall be available at all times. Store Management reserves the right to expel any personnel who are conducting themselves in a discourteous or improper manner in the opinion of Store Management. Vendors shall attach no liability to Store Management should their personnel be expelled for improper conduct.
10. Vendor Representatives’ Responsibility – Vendor agrees to indemnify the IYENGAR YOGA CONVENTION 2019, against and hold harmless for any claims arising from willful or negligent acts of vendors, its agents or employees.
11. Amendment to Rules – Any and all matters not specifically covered by these Rules & Regulations shall be subject solely to the decision of Store Management. Store Management may amend these Rules & Regulations at any time; and all amendments so made shall be binding on vendors equally with the foregoing Rules & Regulations.
12. Agreement to Rules – Each vendor, for her/himself and her/his employees agrees to abide by the foregoing Rules & Regulations and by any amendments or additions that may be established by Store Management.
13. Hotel requires that the following materials are not utilized: double-faced tape, nails, screws and staples. Use of glitter, confetti, duct tape, balloons, wires, strings or other foreign materials must have prior approval of the Convention Manager and Building Manager.
14. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary elsewhere in these rules, IYNAUS will permit only a single vendor of hardwood yoga props at the convention. IYNAUS is establishing the following procedure to select the convention’s sole hardwood props vendor. Any interested party may submit a sealed bid by September 1, 2018 that sets forth the monetary or in-kind contributions that it will make if chosen to be the sole hardwood props vendor. The bid should also provide information that provides assurances both that the vendor can and will provide attendees with props that meet Iyengar Yoga specifications at reasonable prices and that the vendor can and will support prop needs that arise at the convention. The foregoing are the factors that IYNAUS will consider in evaluating the bids.
The sealed bids should be submitted by September 1, 2018 by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “CONFIDENTIAL — Hardwood Props Vendor Bid” in the subject line of the email. Each vendor’s bid will be treated confidentially, and IYNAUS will not tell any vendor anything about bids submitted by the vendor’s hardwood props or other competitors.