This Waiver and Release of Liability must be read in its entirety and signed before any child’s enrollment in a program at the Fraser River Discovery Centre. In consideration for having your child enrolled in a program at the Fraser River Discovery Centre the undersigned acknowledges, understands and agrees that:
Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Risk:
Due to the active nature of programs, the risk of injury exists, and no preplanning, rules or equipment can remove all risk, therefore in allowing my minor to participate in programs, my child is subject to such risk of potential injury. I knowingly, willingly and voluntarily assume all such risks of injury on behalf of my child, both known and unknown, regardless of severity of risk and/or injury, even if arising from the negligence of the Fraser River Discovery Centre or any of its agents. I am voluntarily permitting my child to participate in program activities with the knowledge that there may be hazards involved; and
Release of Liability
1. I do hereby further declare my child to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease or infirmity or illness that would prevent him/her from participating in all program activities. I acknowledge that I have decided to all my child’s participation in programs without the approval of my physician and do hereby assume all responsibility for my child’s participation in all program activities; and
2. I, for myself, my child and on behalf of my child’s heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, collectively referred to as “I”, hereby release the Fraser River Discovery Centre and any of its agents from any and all responsibility or liability whatsoever with respect to disability, death or any and all injury, loss or damage to person or property whether caused by negligent act or omission of the Fraser River Discovery Centre or any agents; and
3. I do hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Fraser River Discovery Centre and any agents, of any causes of action, claims, demands, losses or cost of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in any way related to my child’s participation in a program; and
4. I hereby waive all rights to file or prosecute any civil action against the Fraser River Discovery Centre and any agents, for disability, death or any injury, loss or damage to person or property in any way related to or resulting from a program.
5. I have read this agreement and fully understand the terms specified in items 1 through 5 listed above, and I am freely and voluntarily, agreeing to such terms by signing below, thereby executing this agreement at the City of New Westminster, in the Province of British Columbia.
This is to certify that I, as a parent/ guardian with legal responsibilities for the above-noted participant and for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, hereby consent and voluntarily agree to all terms and conditions set forth in the above agreement with respect to my minor child’s use of the facilities and any and all labilities resulting from use, by signing below.
In the event of illness or injury while at a program, I do hereby consent to and permit emergency treatment.