1. Nomination Deadline: June 30th, 2018
2. Anyone may submit nominations for the Honorary Awards.
Complete this form to make your nomination, or send a nomination via mail to:
Honorary Awards Co-ordinators
℅ 1658 Mathers Bay West
Winnipeg MB R3N 0T7
The Honorary Awards co-ordinators may neither submit nominations, be nominated, nor contribute to the support material of the nominees.
Nominations may not be made for posthumous recognition, although an honour may be conferred posthumously for a nomination already submitted.
Nominees not selected for an honour in any given year may be retained and considered for three years, at the discretion of the Honorary Awards co-ordinators.
During the three year period for which a nomination is eligible, nomination packages may be augmented and/or updated. The co-ordinators must receive amendments to nomination packages by the submission deadline for that year.
An individual or organization will be limited to three nominations per year.
1. Jury Selection:
To avoid potential conflicts of interest, the jury for the Honorary Awards will be selected after the close of nominations. Extensive experience in the Winnipeg Theatre Community will be a primary criterion in jury selection. The Artistic, Administrative, Production, and Educational sectors of the Winnipeg Theatre Community will be represented on the jury whenever possible.
2. All nominations will be distributed to jury members.
3. The jury will meet to determine a short list of finalists for each award, based on the criteria listed above.
4. The jury members will individually rank the finalists. If required, a second or third round of ranking will be done to determine a clear recipient.
5. Award recipients will be notified a month before the awards ceremony, followed by a public announcement of the year’s honourees.
For more information on the Winnipeg Theatre Awards, please visit our website.
We look forward to receiving your nominations for the many very deserving members of the Winnipeg theatre scene!
Donna Fletcher & Mariam Bernstein
Honorary Awards Co-Ordinators