General Statement of Meeting Room Policy
I. Western New Mexico University (WNMU) J. Cloyd Miller Library has meeting rooms for use by WNMU staff, faculty, students, and public patrons. These rooms do not injclude the student use study rooms in the IT Resource Center. Those are booked seperately.
· Meeting areas may be reserved if not in conflict with administrative use, activities, or programs sponsored by the Library or WNMU.
· Permission of use of Miller Library meeting rooms may be revoked if the primary purpose of the Library is not being fulfilled, as we are a resource for learning, studying, and contemplating ideas.
II. Eligibility and Allocations for use of Meeting Rooms
· Use of the meeting rooms is a privilege and should not disrupt the primary purpose of the library. Permission to use a meeting room may be granted, in order of Miller Library Authority, to: a) groups and organizations affiliated with the University b) Grant County area community-based groups and organizations c) to other non-profit public and/ or social service organizations.
III. Restrictions on Use of Meeting Rooms
· This meeting room policy does not guarantee an applicant the facility, room, or time requested
· Meeting rooms May Not be used to sell any materials, goods or services.
· Meeting rooms availability times will be held within normal business hours of the Miller Library.
· The Library reserves the right to deny the use of the meeting rooms by groups or individuals violating Library policy. The Library also reserves the right to overrule a grant, denial, or modification of permission to use Library facilities. Use may be denied or modified based on availability of space, frequency of use, or requests for space by other groups and organizations.
Under no circumstances will furniture and/or equipment be removed from Library meeting rooms.
No food is allowed in any meeting room of the library. Covered drinks are permitted. The Library reserves the right to collect payment for costs incurred in the use of the room and to collect for any damages that may occur.
IV. Applying for Use of Meeting Rooms
· Application must be completed at least one week (5 business days) prior to the scheduled meeting date. The Library may grant exceptions to the one week policy if the requirement of the room does not allow compliance with this policy. No application for fewer than three (3) persons will be granted unless preapproved by Public or Administrative offices and unless prior permission is obtained no more than a maximum of three (3) hours per day is permitted.
· Permission may be granted to groups and organizations for multiple meetings over a period not to exceed six (6) months, or if the group meetings are tied to the school-year calendar the period of time may not exceed nine (9) months.
· Denial or grant of application, or modification of permission already grated may be appealed to Library Administration. Any decision of Library Administration, in the first instance or on appeal, may also be appealed to the University Librarian. All appeals must include a copy of the application. The University Librarian may overrule any decision granting, denying, or modifying permission to use a Library facility.
Liability Waiver/ Indemnification Agreement
By selecting the “I accept” option below, you acknowledge you have received, understood, and agreed to comply with the WNMU Miller Library’s Meeting Room Policies. You fully release, discharge, indemnify, hold harmless, and agree to defend the WNMU Miller Library and its employees from any and all claims from injuries, including death, damages or loss, which may arise or to have arisen out of or in connection with the above meetings in the WNMU Miller Library.