HALT Summer Summit 2018
Comprehension-Based Communicative Language Teaching (CBCLT)
June 3-4 (Sun-Mon), 2018, 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
This two-day workshop will include:
- Keynote Speaker: Jeenna Canche, World Language Specialist, HIDOE
- Language learning workshops to experience learning a new language in order to understand our students' perspectives
- Break-out workshops on various strategies, such as CardTalk, PictureTalk, MovieTalk, Story-asking, beginning literacy, and more.
Registration cost for two days*:
- $100: HALT members
- $125: Non-HALT members (the extra $25 registers you as a HALT member)
* Light breakfast and lunch are included.
Please register by Friday, May 4 (limited space available). Please make sure that you can attend both days of the Summer Summit. No single-day rates available.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Talks and workshops will be videorecorded to start building a resource archive that HALT members can access. These will be for educational and HALT publicity purposes only. Participation in the Summer Summit requires consent for this videorecording.
Questions? Please contact Ngan Ta