POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
Responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable and receivable functions. Will reconcile invoices to purchase orders and process for payment. Identify discrepancies and resolve customer inquiries related to account receivable. Create and maintain reports and analysis of accounts.
Understands and demonstrates commitment to the mission of GapVax, Inc. through daily communication, cooperation, and attention to detail of work performed.
· Match AP Invoices to Packslips
· Enter AP Invoices into M1
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Two (2) year accounting experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent preferred.
3. Working knowledge of personal computer required.
4. Able to solve problems and think analytically.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Proficient with a PC, calculator, fax, and postage machine.
2. Positive human relation skills; strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work with deadlines, interruptions and deadlines, to master basic math skills, to enter and retrieve data from computer.
4. Physical abilities (* denotes essential physical ability requirement)
“R” Rarely (activity exists up to 10% of the time)
*“O” Occasional (activity exists 11 to 33% of the time)
*“F” Frequently (activity exists 34 to 66% of the time)
*“C” Constant (activity exists more than 66% of the time)
Lifting up to 20 lbs R
Carrying up to 20 lbs R
Pushing up to 20 lbs R
Pulling up to 20 lbs R
*Hearing conversations C
*Hearing other sounds C
*Vision acuity near C
*Vision acuity far O
*Depth perception C
*Color vision O
*Manual dexterity C
1. Team oriented (works well with others)
2. Communicates well
3. Dedicated & Loyal
5. Safety Conscious
8. Strong work ethic
9. Ability to follow directions
1. Normal office environment as well as throughout the facility.
2. Interacts with customers and staff.
· Follow dress code according to policy.
· Observe scheduled work hours and maintain appropriate attendance according to policy.
· Ensure customer and employee’s confidentiality at all times according to HIPPA regulations.
· Report customer service issues and employee grievances to supervisor as soon as possible.
· Respond to requests for information in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
· Observe safety and standard precaution policies and procedures.
· Assist in coverage of telephone/front desk/reception duties as needed.
· Report any fraud or abuse of company resources to supervisor immediately.
· Participate in performance improvement activities.
· Interacts with employees, visitors and government agencies in a professional manner.
· Accept and respond to constructive feedback and comply with directives from supervisor.
· Maintain requirements of personnel file including safety training.
· Use computer system and network to send and receive emails and perform other appropriate functions.
· Create and maintain documents electronically including Microsoft XP, Excel and Word.
· Maintain positive relationships with members, visitors and personnel.
· Work cooperatively with employees and staff.
· Direct complaints to appropriate staff.
· Anticipate and act to maintain safe work environment. Incorporate safety/risk management standards into daily work practices.
· Encourages effective relationships amongst staff geared to the building and maintenance of a cohesive team.
· Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
The above list is not an all-inclusive list of job duties. Other duties may be assigned.
The previous description generally describes the duties and the responsibilities of this position. The employee’s immediate supervisor or other management personnel may assign additional duties to the employee as the operations of the facility dictates. This position description may be modified by the Facility management at any time, with or without notice. Nothing in this description should be interpreted as limiting the management’s right to operate the facility. The facility reserves the right to change work hours, shift, and assignment as needed. The initial assignment cannot be guaranteed to continue.