Read and follow the instructions carefully prior to submitting your application. All winners will be notified in late August 2018.
Scholarship Application Instructions
The UC Berkeley Chicanx Latinx Alumni Association (CLAA) Los Angeles Scholarship supports undergraduate Chicanx Latinx students enrolled at UC Berkeley who demonstrate financial need for tuition, books, equipment, and living expenses. The number and amount of awards depend upon availability of funds as determined by the CLAA Los Angeles Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship awards are based upon four primary factors:
1. Must have attended/graduated from a Los Angeles County High School or Community College
2. Current undergraduate class standing at UC Berkeley or incoming Freshman/Transfer student
3. Demonstrated financial need
4. Written responses to questionnaire and one essay question
5. Phone or in-person interview with a Scholarship Committee member if you are chosen as a finalist
A complete application package must include the following items:
1. A completed and signed CLAA Scholarship Application
2. Your current resume
3. A picture of yourself
4. A copy of your academic transcripts
5. A CalCentral print-out of your schedule of classes (current UCB students) or proof of enrollment at UC Berkeley (high school/transfer students)
6. If you qualify for financial aid, please include a copy of your Financial Aid Award Letter or Student Aid Report (SAR).
* If you do not qualify for financial aid please fill out Section V.
If after thoroughly reading these instructions and you have any further questions regarding this application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.