Ethical Guidelines / Moral Responsibilities
1. Uphold the integrity of my vocation by conducting myself in a
professional and conscientious manner.
2. Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where
appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice,
treatment, or direction.
3. Create and maintain a safe, clean, and comfortable environment for the
practice of yoga.
4. Encourage diversity actively by respecting all students regardless of age,
physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion affiliation, or
5. Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
6. Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment.
7. Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the Yamas and
8. Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga
teaching and business.
* taken from yogaalliance.org