1) Parents will be involved in their children's problem solving process. This includes reading and signing any Think Sheets at pick up, and actively participating in problem solving over the phone if needed.
2) For the safety of the child, other children, and the staff, when a child has demonstrated a Level 2 or 3 Behavior, parent or authorized escort must pick up the child as soon as possible. In the event that such arrangements cannot be made, the suspension will be served the following day.
3) Parents will be expected to take an active role in the development and implementation of a behavior plan if needed.
4) Parents will have the option to hire an additional staff to provide one-on-one supervision of their child on a temporary basis.
ConnectioN Point Responsibility:
1) Staff will consistently implement BIST and the ConnectioN Point Behavior Policy as shown in the following section.
2) Staff will emphasize prevention and work specifically with children on redirection and alternative choices.
3) If staff determine the behaviors are severe enough, a child may be terminated from the program.