4. Notices: Any correspondence to Defendant, including any notice to appear in court, shall be sent to the EMAIL ADDRESS provided by the Defendant and shall be complete upon emailing. The State Attorney will update the Defendant of progress in the program through the Email address above.
5. Notification: Defendant shall notify State Attorney, in writing, of any change of e-mail address, or mailing address or telephone contact or of any subsequent arrest for any criminal offense within 72 hours.
6. Waiver: Defendant understands that he or she has the right to contest the charge noted above in court and for the trial to begin within ninety (90) days of arrest and hereby waives the right to a speedy trial.
7. Right to Counsel: Defendant acknowledges that he or she has the right to consult counsel before signing this contract.
8. Restitution: Defendant represents that all claims for restitution arising out of the charge have been paid.
9. Reinstatement: If Defendant fails to perform the requirements of this contract, the State Attorney may reinstate the charge against Defendant and any sums paid to the program shall be retained.
10. Filing: The State Attorney may file this contract in the County Court; however, it shall not be considered an admission by Defendant.
11. Representations: Defendant states that all statements and representations, written or oral, contained in the Application for acceptance and any supporting documentation furnished to State Attorney are true and accurate
12. Reading and Receipt: Defendant acknowledges that he or she has received a copy of this contract and program documents and has read them in its entirety.
13. Acceptance into the Program: Defendant acknowledges that he or she is not accepted into the Program until the date that the contract is signed by the Assistant State Attorney. It is the Defendant’s responsibility to ensure that a contract, signed by the Defendant, has been received by the State Attorney AND signed by the Assistant State Attorney. Once accepted into the program, you should receive an Email at the Email address provided by the Defendant.