A contact lens service fee is charged to the patient on an annual basis. Contacts lenses are medical devices which require ongoing evaluation to ensure safe and comfortable wear. This service is in addition to your annual comprehensive examination and includes:
· Evaluation of current or new lenses and fit on the eye
· Evaluation of corneal, conjunctival, and eyelid health as related to contact lens wear
· Mapping of corneal surface and evaluation of changes compared to baseline mapping
· Progress checks related to changes in contact lens prescription or material for 45 days following evaluation of new contact lenses
Our contact lens service fees are as follows:
Annual Evaluation of Basic Contact Lens Designs $105
· This service is for new or established contact lens wearers being fit in a design or material that is not a multifocal or toric/astigmatism lens design. This type of fit generally requires an average of one progress check before a final prescription is given.
Annual Evaluation of Moderate Contact Lens Designs $140
· This service is for new or established contact lens wearers being fit in a design or material, such as a toric lens/ lens for astigmatism. This type of fit generally requires an average of 1-2 progress check before a final prescription is given.
Annual Evaluation of Advanced Contact Lens Designs $180
· This service is for new or established contact lens wearers being fit in a design or material such as a multifocal or mono-vision system. This type of fit general requires an average of 2-3 progress checks before a final prescription is given.
Fitting of Medically Necessary Contact Lenses Varies by Design
New contact lens wearers are subject to a $45 training fee. During a training session, new wearers learn how to insert and remove their contact lenses as well as proper care and cleaning. This fee is generally not covered by insurance.
I have read the above and understand the following:
· The global follow up period for progress checks and finalization of a contact lens prescription is 45 days. After 45 days, a $30 contact lens progress check fee may apply.
· After 90 days or once a contact lens has been agreed upon by patient and doctor and has been finalized, a $75 fee may apply for refitting into an alternate lens.
· After one no-show for a scheduled progress check, a fee of $30 for subsequent checks may apply. (A no-show is considered scheduled appointment that was not cancelled or rescheduled by speaking with someone within 24 hours of the appointment time.)
· Exceptions to this policy are at the discretion of our office.