Assistant Tech Instructor- Salary based on experience $15 -$20
Position: Assistant Tech Instructor
Location: Multiple Locations (Memphis, Charlotte)
Job Category: Paid/Contracted
ABOUT Kids In Technology or Girls Pursuing Science
Launched in 2002, Kids In Technology (KNT) is devoted to showing the world that kids should be introduced to advance technology early. By reaching out to the community through workshops and after school programs. Kids In Technology introduces computer programming and technology to kids from underrepresented communities in technology areas such as web design, robotics, gaming, mobile app development and more. By cultivating the next generation of innovators we hope to grow the number of STEM careers and give kids a chance to become the future leaders in technology and the masters of their technological worlds. We thrive on working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We represent a diversity of backgrounds, a wealth of experience and a lot of fun.
The Assistant Instructor will assist with the implementation of Kids In Technology STEM curriculum, helping to lead kids ages 7-17 in project based STEM activities.
• Participate in teacher/facilitator training prior to start
• Facilitate learning around coding and programming to kids through Kids In Technology curriculum
• Participate in kickoff and culminating ceremonies
• Interact with youth and staff as a resource and facilitator
• Assist with groups of k-12 students in informal setting.
• Understand coding languages or follow lesson plan.
• Strong classroom management/relationship building skills
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve
• Exceptional facilitation, communication and presentation skills
• Enthusiasm and skill working in youth development
• Integrity, maturity, credibility, and a demonstrated commitment to KNT's mission
• Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
Interested candidates should apply via our application here.
Position open immediately.