All NCC directors, accompanists, and other authorized adults (including parent volunteers) undergo a background check. These adults also receive training each year related to appropriate interaction with minors.
IF A CHORISTER IS LOST:
Should a chorister find him or herself alone after NCC rehearsal, the chorister should report immediately to the NCC Office (Room 30 in the Massey Performing Arts Center). If no one is in the office, the chorister should report to the Music Facilities Offices (Room 19 in the Massey Performing Arts Center). The monitor on duty will call Belmont Security. Choristers will also have access to an emergency phone in the hallway near the choir rooms. The phone # for Belmont Security will be posted near the phone. Parents who, due to a highly unusual situation or emergency, cannot pick up their child by 6:15 should call 615-460-6905 (the Music Facilities Office) or Belmont Security (615-460-6617); someone at these numbers can get word to NCC personnel.
ARRIVING AND DEPARTING CHOIR:
NCC and Belmont University are not responsible for any chorister on the Belmont campus except during NCC rehearsals (including 15 minutes before and after choir rehearsal). All choristers should be picked up promptly after choir. All NCC choristers will sign themselves into their choir each week. A sign-in sheet will be available at the door of each rehearsal room. Choristers must be signed out of rehearsal by a parent or guardian or a designated adult*. Because of traffic issues parents must park and come into the building to sign out choristers. Due to fire codes and Belmont security regulations, parents may not park in the circle and come into the building to sign out their choristers. Rather, parents must find parking in the North Garage [on the north end of campus] or the Curb Garage [on the south end of campus] come into the Massey Performing Arts Center Building (Room 15), sign out their chorister, and escort the chorister from the rehearsal.
*EXCEPTION: If Pick-Up Option # 2 is selected, choristers ARE allowed to be released from choir without the weekly signature of a parentally approved caretaker.
ALL parents should choose one of the below Rehearsal Pick-Up options. Read the above policy carefully. If we DO NOT have a clear understanding of parents' expectations and approval related to pick-up by the first day of August rehearsals, you must come into the building to retrieve your chorister as per the "Arriving and Departing Choir" description above.
NCC Pick-Up Option #1: I (or the adult designated below) will park elsewhere & come into the building to pick up and sign out my chorister from choir every week. I have read the NCC Policies and understand the NCC policies related to supervision of choristers on campus. I understand that by choosing to submit this Pick-Up Option #1, I (or an adult designate below) must park enter the rehearsal building each week to meet my chorister and sign him/her out. I understand that my child will only be released to me or to the adult designated below.
NCC Pick-Up Option # 2: I am choosing NCC Pick-Up Option #2 because I am willing for my chorister to be dismissed from choir, exit the building, and get in my car (or the car of anyone picking them up) without the driver coming into the building to sign him/her out. No signature will be required for pickup. I have read the NCC Policies and understand the NCC policies related to supervision of choristers on campus. In lieu of coming into the rehearsal building to sign my chorister out at the conclusion of each rehearsal, I choose to permit my chorister to leave on his/her own and meet the person picking him/her up at a predetermined location. In granting such permission, I acknowledge that the Nashville Children’s Choir and its directors and/or authorized adults are not required to obtain an approved signature before releasing my chorister from the building. I agree to assume all responsibility and risk from this choice including all risk of loss of limb or life, property damage, or injury to others. I, on behalf of myself, my child, our family,heirs and legal representatives release Belmont University, the Nashville Children’s Choir their agents, employees, officers, and trustees, from any liability for damage or loss to my child’s person or property which may arise out of this choice.
If choosing NCC Pick-Up Option # 1, please list name of other authorized pick-up adult:
Prep Choir choristers whose parent signs the Permission and Release, as in the past, will be supervised by an authorized adult as they get into the car with their parent or driver, but no signature will be will be required of the driver.
Concert and Touring Choir choristers whose parents sign this Permission and Release will be allowed (as they have in past years) to walk to their car in the center circle of campus. An authorized adult will be present outside with the children during this procedure.
Please select one of the two emergency procedures, and sign at the bottom of this page:
Emergency Procedure # 1: In the event reasonable attempts to contact me at the above listed phone numbers have been unsuccessful, I hereby give my consent to the administration of emergency medical treatment by any licensed physician or dentist and to transfer the child to any reasonably accessible hospital facility. This authorization does not cover major surgery unless the medical opinions of two licensed physicians or dentists, concurring in the necessity for such surgery, are obtained prior to the performance of such surgery.
Emergency Procedure # 2: In the event reasonable attempts to contact me at the above listed phone numbers have been unsuccessful, I DO NOT give consent for emergency medical treatment of my child. In the event of illness or injury requiring emergency treatment, I wish the persons in charge to take NO Action, or to (parents, please write in your wishes in the box below)...
1. We have read the Choir Handbook and accept membership in the Prepatory Choir of the Nashville Children's Choir. We are willing to follow these guidelines as a part of our commitment to the Nashville Children's Choir. (The handbook can be accessed at htp://ncc.belmont.edu)
2. We have thoroughly read the Prepatory Choir Information Packet.
3. We have carefully read the yearly calendar in the Prepatory Choir Information Packet and have transferred NCC dates to our family calendar
4. We understand that communication from NCC arrives primarily by email and we agree to read and respond promptly.
I, the undersigned, do hereby grant permission to Belmont University, the Nashville Children’s Choir, and Nashville Children’s Choir Staff and/or Chaperones (collectively, “NCC”) during designated choir activities (performances, retreats, rehearsals, trips, etc.) to capture pictures and/or video of my child (referred to as “Materials”). I understand also that oftentimes these pictures and/or videos may be shared with a wider audience via various social media and photo sharing websites that include but are not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Shutterfly.
I hereby release NCC, the parent chaperones, any NCC representative, employee, managers, members, officers, parent companies, subsidiaries, and directors, from all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with any use of said “Materials”, including, without limitation, all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of my right of publicity, defamation and any other personal and/or property rights.
Furthermore, I release NCC from any claims or demands arising out of or in connection with the distribution of pictures and/or video that is recorded by individuals other than NCC (referred to as “Personal Materials”), including, without limitation, all claims for invasion of privacy, infringement of my right of publicity, defamation and any other personal and/or property rights. If I choose to distribute Personal Materials by any means, including over the Internet, I warrant that I have received prior permission from each individual appearing in the Personal Materials or their parents or guardians if under the age of 18. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless NCC and its representatives, employees, officers, and directors from and against any claim based upon my distribution of Personal Materials.
I acknowledge and agree that no sums whatsoever will be due to me as a result of the use and/or exploitation of the Materials or Personal Materials or any rights therein.
I acknowledge that my child is under 18 years old and lacks the legal capacity to enter into binding agreements. Accordingly, I have read this Release and consent to my child’s inclusion in the Materials, will not contest the rights granted in this Release, and shall assist and support NCC in any and all legal proceeding for affirmation of this Agreement, should NCC choose to have a court of law affirm this Agreement.
1. I execute this Agreement in consideration of my child being permitted by Belmont University to participate in the Nashville Children’s Choir at Belmont University. I understand that choir activities may include* but not be limited to the following:
*See NCC calendar for projected rehearsals, performances, and activities for the choir in which your child sings.
2. I represent and warrant that my child is able to safely participate in these activities.
3. I recognize that there are risks and hazards directly or inherently involved, making these and related activities potentially dangerous. With full knowledge and appreciation of these potential risks and hazards, I voluntarily grant permission for my child to participate in these activities and assume all responsibility and risk from his/her participation in them, including all risk of loss of limb or life, property damage, or injury to others.
4. I, on behalf of myself, my child, our family, heirs and legal representatives release Belmont University, its agents, employees, officers, and trustees, from any liability for damage or loss to my child's person or property which may arise out of his or her participation in this camp.
5. I grant permission for Belmont University, its agents or employees to obtain necessary medical attention in case of sickness or injury to my child. I consent to any necessary medical examination, diagnosis, or treatment and agree to be responsible for costs of such medical services.
6. I have read the attached Expectations and Guidelines for NCC choristers in the Preparatory Choir Information Packet, have discussed them with my child and agree that my child will abide by them. I understand that if my child violates the guidelines, Belmont reserves the right to dismiss the student. If this occurs, I understand that I will be responsible for all transportation costs and will not be entitled to a refund.
7. I have fully informed myself of the contents of this Agreement by reading it before I signed it.
8. I, on behalf of myself, my family, heirs and legal representatives release Belmont University, its agents, employees, officers, and governing board from and against any and all liability, claims and actions that may arise from injury or harm to my child. I understand that this release covers liability, claims and actions caused entirely or in part by any acts or failures to act of Belmont University (or its governing board, employees or agents).
9. I acknowledge that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Tennessee, and that if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, any such findings shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall remain in full force and effect.
Release from Liability
By executing this agreement and in consideration of the educational benefits, traveling opportunities, and social experiences offered by the Nashville Children's Choir and of the time, supervisioin, and training contributed by staff of the Nashville Children's Choir, the undersigned do hereby jointly and severally forever release and hold harmless the Nashville Children's Choir and its staff and Belmont University and its officers, directors, agents and employees, from and against all damages, losses, expenses, costs, injuries, which any of the undersigned may at any time suffer by reason of any personal injury and property damage resulting from any activity whatsoever conducted by or under the auspices of the Nashville Children's Choir.
WE AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS AS STATED ON THIS FORM.