K9-Kind Limited Terms of Business For Group Classes & Workshops
1. Clients agree to make payment of the entire course fee in advance in order to secure their place on the course.
2. Clients agree to ensure that their dogs are fully vaccinated and that flea and worming treatments are given regularly in accordance with the manufacturer's or vet guidelines. If the client chooses a flea collar instead of chemical treatments, then these should be properly fitted to ensure their effectiveness. If the client chooses not to vaccinate, then recent Titre Test results should be provided confirming the attending dog’s resistance to disease.
3. Clients will ensure that their dog is on a lead and under control from the car park to the class or workshop.
4. Clients will not bring unwell dogs to classes or workshops, particularly if they are vomiting, have diarrhoea, kennel cough or other contagious diseases.
5. Clients will ensure that their dog has a securely fitted harness and a static lead (no Flexi leads or slip leads!)
6. Clients will not bring their dogs to classes or workshops wearing choke chains, pinch collars, spray collars or electric collars.
7. Clients consent to photographs and videos taken while involved in training classes and workshops to be used or reproduced by K9-Kind Limited for educational and promotional purposes.
8. Clients will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury caused to the instructor or other persons by their dog. Clients agree to indemnify and hold harmless K9-Kind in the event of a claim by any person injured by their dog.
9. K9-Kind Limited agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner.
10. K9-Kind Limited seeks to do no harm and will not condone or endorse any treatment by a dog’s owner that is physically or mentally cruel. K9-Kind Limited will opt out of a consulting agreement rather than attempt to manage an unethical course of action.
11. K9-Kind Limited will only use procedures, protocols and training tools that are empirically based and have a proven track record of effectiveness. K9-Kind Limited uses training and behaviour change methods that are minimally invasive and intrusive to the animal.
12. K9-Kind Limited is not responsible for damage or injury incurred by the client’s dog escaping because of a faulty leash/collar/Harness or a collar/harness that is not properly fitting.
14. As a member of the Pets Professional Guild British Isles K9-Kind Limited will adhere to their guiding principles and professional ethics.
15. If any classes or workshops are postponed by inclement weather they will be made up.
16. Aggressive dogs are prohibited from all group classes and workshops. The definition of aggressive is any dog that shows an inappropriate challenge, threat or contest to another being (human or canine). Before paying for a group class or workshop, please contact K9-Kind Limited if your dog has ever exhibited aggression. Persons asked to leave a class because of their dog’s aggressive behaviour, will not receive a refund for any remaining classes, however, if they are booked on a course of classes a pro-rata credit may be applied to one-to-one sessions at K9-Kind's discretion.
17. K9-Kind Limited will only refund payments in the event that notice of cancellation is received more than 7 days prior to the commencement of a course or workshop; and only if the place on the course or workshop can be filled.
18. K9-Kind Limited will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any client’s dog attending class.