Hospital Program Partner Considerations
Please read the following carefully and consider your situation.
(1) Is your NGO registration current in your country? Does your NGO have authorization to import medical equipment?
(2) Does your NGO have customs duties/ tax exemption status in your country. Are you anticipating paying import taxes?
(3) Some medical equipment requires on going supplies (ex: ultra sound jelly, IV pumps…etc). Do you have a source to re-supply these needed supplies?
(4) What is your process for employing biomed technicians to service and maintain the medical equipment technology you are requesting?
(5) Does your NGO have the funding available to cover the shipping, clearance, and delivery costs?
(6) While MATTER can potentially get basic donated medical equipment donated to your hospital, A full MATTER partnership with your NGO is much more detailed. MATTER can work on the design stage of the hospital and will customize each shipment of medical equipment to match the NGO hospital’s needs room-by-room. In this situation, some medical items need to be procured. Historically, shipping and procurement of a customized container of medical equipment will cost an average $25,000 per container, while having an average retail value of over $300,000. Will you be able to fundraise for the shipping and procurement of a customized medical shipment?
Please note, we will anticipate covering each of these questions with you prior to any application approval.