Informed Consent and Acknowledgement
I acknowledge that participation in camp activities involve risk to the Participant (and to Participant’s parents or guardians, if Participant is a minor), and may result in various types of injury including, but not limited to, the following: sickness, bodily injury, death, emotional injury, personal injury, property damage and financial damage.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in camp activities, the Participant (or parent/guardian if Participant is a minor) acknowledges and accepts the risks of injury associated with participation in and transportation to and from camp. The Participant (or parent/guardian) accepts personal financial responsibility for any injury or other loss sustained during camp or during transportation to and from camp, as well as for any medical treatment rendered to the Participant that is authorized by the Sponsor or its agents, employees, volunteers, or any other representatives (collectively referred to hereinafter as the “Camp Sponsor”). Further, the Participant (or parent/guardian) releases and promises to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Camp Sponsor for any injury arising directly or indirectly out of the described camp or transportation to and from camp, whether such injury arises out of the negligence of the Camp Sponsor, the Participant, or otherwise.
If a dispute over this agreement or any claim for damages arises, the Participant (or parent/guardian) agrees to resolve the matter through a mutually acceptable alternative dispute resolution process. If the Participant (or parent/guardian) and the Camp Sponsor cannot agree upon such a process, the dispute will be submitted to a three-member arbitration panel for resolution pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
1. No guys in girl’s rooms, no girls in guy’s rooms. Includes siblings.
2. No alcohol, drugs, tobacco, weapons, or pornography.
3. No wandering off alone or by yourself with the opposite sex.
4. No electronics once we get to camp (except designated times or granted approval).
5. Have a positive attitude and conduct yourself in a responsible and respective manner.
6. If you become overly active because of certain food or drinks, they can be taken away in the event of a complaint.
7. Bring a list of medications for our records. (Unauthorized medication will be taken away).
8. Students check in with leaders and inform them of your whereabouts at designated times.
9. Students must wear appropriate clothing and modest swimwear (Tankini - no midriff showing, One-Piece, or Shorts & Shirt/Tank Top) at all times.
10. Students must be on time and participate in all events (unless granted permission) and obey curfew.
I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this event. I understand that if I do not follow the rules I will be sent home at my parent/guardian’s expense. It is church policy that any youth/young adult who displays unacceptable behavior during the event and refuses to be redirected, his/her parents will be called and will be required to come and pick him/her up, even at a long distance.