· Oklahoma Military Connection is seeking employers with jobs ready to hire who are:
· Interested in employing qualified, job-ready members of Oklahoma’s military community to include separating active duty personnel, veterans and members of the Guard and Reserves.
· Prepared to conduct preliminary interviews with eligible career seekers.
**Your registration application will be reviewed and you will receive a seperate email confirming your entry into the event. You must have that confirmation email to attend this event**
Employers participating in OKMilitaryConnection hiring events must meet ALL of the following criteria:
• Have at least three available jobs for immediate hire
• Provide a family sustaining wage for the region the event is being held
• Not be 100% commission based, require buy-in, etc… in place of an hourly or annual salary.
· Oklahoma Military Connection is sponsoring a hiring event to match employers with positions ready to hire with job-ready military and former military personnel. This will be a special hiring event to match the State’s best employers with a wealth of talented and work-ready career seekers from Oklahoma’s vibrant and highly qualified military community.
September 13, 2018 10:30am-2:30pm
· Fort Sill Armed Forces Reserve Center (3955 Cannoneer Field Road, Ft. Sill, OK, 73503)
· Interested employers must register on-line and respond to questions providing details of jobs immediately available for hire and respective required skills. Registered employers must agree to:
1. Have jobs ready to hire
2. Have staff personnel on site well-versed in the requirements of available jobs and capable of screening eligible career seekers for interviewing
3. Be willing to interview eligible career seekers
4. Employers registering and agreeing to the above prerequisites will be invited to participate in this special hiring event.
5. Job ready members of Oklahoma’s military community will also be registering on-line and responding to questions to elicit information on their employment background, career objectives and job skills; and will also be informed of invited employers with jobs ready to hire.
6. These registered participants will represent the pool of potential interviewees. There will also be individuals who have not pre-registered who may be visiting employer booths and seeking basic information about your company.
7. Participating employers are encouraged to arrive at the Armed Forces Reserve Center for set up between 8:00am-10:00am on Thursday, September 13, 2018. Set-up should be completed by 10am. There may be an employer briefing at 10:00 am and the event will kick-off promptly at 10:30 am.
· Many of Oklahoma’s veterans, military personnel preparing to leave active service, and Guard and Reserve members are well prepared and ready for employment now. They offer a wealth of transferrable skills and abilities as well as exceptional adaptability to immediately contribute to the success of Oklahoma’s business community.