Larry and Jeanie Koops Family Scholarship
General Information and Instructions
Goal: To recognize and financially assist female students as they pursue education to become pediatric nurse practitioners.
Background: Jeanie Koops loved every experience within her 43 years in the pediatric field of nursing, which included Holland Hospital, Bronson, and Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital, as well as primary care clinics. With the understanding that children need the absolute best care when they are ill and their families need a gentle and caring spirit to help them cope, Jeanie and Larry want their scholarship to encourage those who have these God-given gifts in using them to change lives, and providing genuine professional care to those in need.
The fund will award the selected recipient a scholarship that will renew up to three times so long as the recipient remains in good academic standing in an accredited Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program or Doctorate of Nursing Practice program with an emphasis in primary care child/adolescent in Michigan.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, an applicant must be:
2. A BSN RN
3. A Michigan resident, preferably living within the greater Holland/Zeeland area
4. Accepted and enrolled in an accredited Pediatric Nurse Practitioner program or Doctorate of Nursing Practice program with an emphasis in primary care child/adolescent in Michigan
Recipients of this scholarship will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Commitment to nursing as shown in activities, work history and recommendations
2. Passion for pediatric nursing as shown in essay
3. Undergraduate academic performance
4. Special consideration will be given to any applicant who:
a) Has demonstrated a commitment to the Christian faith through her activities and involvement
b) Has worked as Registered Nurse for a number of years
c) Resides within the Holland/Zeeland area
1. Read this application carefully.
2. Items followed by a red asterisk must be completed in order to submit your application.
3. The data you enter into this form will be saved into the local browser storage of the computer you are using. Because your information will be stored, we do not recommend using a shared computer. If you use a shared computer, plan to complete your application in one sitting and then clear the browsing history when you are finished. If you start this application during one sitting and then finish it at a later time, verify all of your answers and make sure the uploads are attached before submitting.
4. Individuals providing letters of recommendation should e-mail them direcly to email@example.com. If you want to make sure letters were submitted on your behalf, please follow up with the people you asked directly.
5. The Community Foundation of the Holland/Zeeland Area administers the scholarship process. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions as you complete your application.
6. Applications are due on August 1 and must be submitted online.