Austin Medical Group General Policies Update 2018
As we welcome in the new year, we would like to remind you of our general office polices. Keeping these policies in mind will allow us to provide the highest possible care to all of our patients.
Appointments & No-Show Policy
· Your time is valuable, and so is your doctor’s. We ask that you cancel your appointment at least 24 HOURS in advance. Calling the day before will help us make that appointment available to someone who may need urgent or sick care.
· Please make sure we have your most up to date contact information. Our system will notify you by phone, text, or email of your appointment 1-2 days in advance as a courtesy. However, you are still responsible for keeping your appointment time even if we cannot reach you.
· Persistent no-shows may result in dismissal from the practice. Fees will appear on your statement as a service code 99199 and will be assessed as follows:
Missed office visit
Missed New Patient, Annual exams*, 30 min appt.
Procedure, Allergy Test
*This exam gives us a chance to address your overall physical and emotional health. The preventative care we provide during your annual includes an assessment of your dietary and exercise habits, review of vaccinations and discussion of appropriate screening tests. This visit is not meant for discussion of new or ongoing problems. If new or on-going problems are discussed, you may be billed by your insurance company or your visit may be converted into a normal office visit at the discretion of the physician.
· All patients who are prescribed medications must come in periodically for medication follow up at the discretion of your physician. Failure to keep these appointments may result in denial of prescription refills until an appointment is made. Prescriptions are sent electronically to the pharmacy you have listed on file. Please allow 48 Hours for all refills to be processed. If you would like to discuss making a change to your medications, please call and schedule an appointment. Staff will not be able to make these changes.
· If you are currently being prescribed a controlled substance medication, you are required to make an appointment and follow up in office every THIRD refill. After your appointment, you will be able to call the office and request a refill during the appropriate timeframe. There is a $10.00 administrative fee that is collected for each refill and your prescription will be electronically sent to the pharmacy on file. There is no exception to this policy, and is done as a courtesy to our patients. 48 HOURS must be given to fulfill these refill requests.
· **PLEASE NOTE** 90 DAY SUPPLY OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ARE NOT ABLE TO BE PRESCRIBED
· Please make sure your pharmacy on file is correct, as these prescriptions are not able to be transferred and may delay the receipt of your medication. Calling your pharmacy ahead of time to make sure the medication is in stock can also help avoid a delay, as these medications periodically become unavailable at certain pharmacy locations.
· If your insurance requires a referral, you must be seen at least once in this clinic by your physician for this issue.
· Once a referral has been created, please allow 3 days for your referral to be processed and authorized by your insurance company. Once approved, the referring office will contact you to schedule an appointment.