Responsibilities: Assistant Camp Director (ACD)
The most important role of every JP staffer is to be a Christian witness in word and deed. Secondly, it is to spend time with the campers, build relationships, and contribute to establishing and maintaining a Christian community.
Although you will have additional in-camp responsibilities, here are the main responsibilities you will have as Assistant Camp Director:
- Work closely with the Camp Director (CD) to assist with administrative tasks associated with running a work camp. The ACD is second in charge and will, at times, fill the role of CD when the CD is not available.
- Assist or lead portions of the staff training weekend.
- Plan and giving a 5-10 minute devotional for the camp one morning during the week.
- Lead a worksite for the first part of the day.
- Promote the sponsored mission organization during the week (Jr. High camps only).
- Set up and monitor campers making name tags on Sunday upon arrival (Jr. High camps only).
- Handle all JP merchandise transactions.
- Help out with evening programs as needed.
- Complete daily in-camp chores, and more.
As the ACD, you will be required to report to camp by noon on Friday of staff training. The purpose of this is to meet your Camp Director and begin preparing for your week by reviewing documents related to the students, adults, and staff and accomplishing other administrative tasks.
- 1 week commitment (8 days).
- Must have completed 12th grade by the summer.
- $200.00 Stipend will be provided.