NOTE - We only do baptisms on the 1st and 3rd Sunday's of the month.
A person being baptized is to be assigned a sponsor. In the case of adult baptism, the sponsor's role is to assist the person in Christian Initiation. In the case of an infant/child baptism, the role is to present the child for baptism, together with the parents, and to help the child to lead a Christian life befitting the baptized, and to fulfill faithfully the obligations inherent in it.
There is to be only ONE male sponsor or ONE female sponsor the person (i.e. minimum of one or no more than two of which there will be one male and one female).
To be permitted to take on the function of sponsor a person must:
1) be designated by the one to be baptized, or by the parents, or by the person who takes their place, or in their absence by the pastor or minister and have the aptitude and intention fo fulfilling this function;
2) have completed the sixteeth year of age, unless the diocesan Bishop has established anothe rage, or the pastor or minister has granted an exception for a just cause;
3) be a Catholic who has been confimred and has already received the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist and who leads a life of faith in keeping with the function to be taken on; a person living out & practicing their faith;
4) not bound by an canonical penalty legitimately imposed or declared;
5) not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized
A baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic ecclsial community (methodist, lutheran, etc), is not to participate except together with a Catholic sponsor and then only as a witness of the baptism.