DIGITAL STORY TELLERS APPLICATION
(Due to funding requirements, only youth residing in Nova Scotia are eligible for this program)
The ACT 4 Global Change Youth conference (previously Move Your World) invites youth, ages 15-17, to learn about and take action on global issues. Hosted by the Atlantic Council for International Cooperation, participants will spend three days (Nov 9-12, 2018) at the Tatamagouche Centre in Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia.
Through interactive activities, discussion, games, reflection a and more, the conference will explore topics such as: peace & conflict, human rights, Indigenous realities, the Sustainable Development Goals, refugee experiences, poverty & food sovereignty, gender equity, environment & sustainability, international trade (fair trade) & food security, global migration, 2SLGBTQ+ realities, water and sanitation, and more.
The conference is an opportunity for youth to get informed, get inspired, and take action on local and global issues in a safe and welcoming space. Participants will meet and engage with a diversity of youth from a variety of communities and cultures from all 4 Atlantic provinces.
The conference is free of charge, and travel subsidies will be available to youth from all four Atlantic Provinces.
DIGITAL STORY TELLERS:
This year ACIC is looking for 1 youth videographer and 1 youth photographer to capture their conference experience.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15-17 and be from Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate their passion and experience in working with photos or video to share stories.
- Successful applicants will attend the conference like other conference participants but they will be responsible for capturing their conference experience and sharing it with the public, with the support of ACIC.
- Successful applicants will present their work (video or photo exhibit) during International Development Week in February 2019 at an event supported by ACIC.
- Successful applicants will receive a 500$ honorarium for the participation in the program.
- Application deadline is September 21st.
PLEASE NOTE: While we would love to accept all applicants, due to the high interest in the conference we will not be able to. We will inform all applicants, successful or not, by October 5th.