ONTARIO SOCCER ASSOCIATION
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
(To be signed by players 18 yrs of age and older)
By e-signing this document you will waive certain legal rights, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- This is a binding legal agreement. As a Participant in the programs, activities and events of the Ontario Soccer Association, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees to the following terms.
- The Ontario Soccer Association, their Districts, Leagues and Clubs, directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, clubs, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of facilities, and representatives (the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, damage or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, any program, activity or event, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description of Risks
- In consideration of my participation as a Participant in such programs, activities and events, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks and hazards associated with or related to soccer/Futsal. The risks and hazards of soccer/Futsal include, but are not limited to injuries from:
- Executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques in soccer/Futsal;
- Dryland training including weights, running, and massage;
- Grass, turf, hardwood floors and other surfaces including bacterial infections and rashes;
- Falls to the ground due to uneven or irregular terrain or surfaces;
- Collisions with walls and soccer equipment;
- Failure to properly use any piece of equipment or from the mechanical failure of any piece of equipment;
- Spinal cord injuries which may render me permanently paralyzed;
- Extreme weather conditions which may result in heatstroke, sunstroke or hypothermia;
- Contact, colliding or being struck by other participants, spectators, equipment or vehicles;
- Vigorous physical exertion and strenuous cardiovascular workouts;
- Exerting and stretching various muscle groups; and
- Travel to and from competitive events and associated non-competitive events which are an integral part of the organization’s activities.
- Furthermore, I am aware:
- That injuries sustained in soccer/Futsal can be severe;
- That I may come into close contact with other participants, including the possibility of accidental and unexpected contact;
- That I may experience anxiety while challenging myself during the activities;
- That my risk of injury is reduced if I follow all rules adopted during training; and
- That my risk of injury increases as I become fatigued.
Release of Liability
- In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate as a Participant, I agree:
- To assume all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
- To be solely responsible for any injury, loss or damage that I might sustain while participating; and
- To release the Organization from liability for any and all claims, demands, actions and costs that might arise out of my participating, even though such risks, injuries, loss, damage, claims, demands, actions or costs may have been caused by the negligence of the Organization.
PHOTO / VIDEO RELEASE
I hereby also give permission for images taken of myself, my child(ren), or minor(s) under my guardianship), captured during Barrie Futsal’s events/activities, through video, photo and/or digital camera, to be used solely for the purposes of Barrie Futsal’s promotional material, publications, website and/or web postings, and I waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
Executing this agreement will not preclude you from accident insurance coverage, subject to the terms and conditions of The Ontario Soccer Association’s insurance policy.
By clicking the "Waiver of Liability Signature" checkbox below, you agree that you the player being registered and to be bound by this Legal Agreement even if you have not read the agreement.
DO NOT E-SIGN IN THE NEXT PAGE UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE STATEMENT.